Are you a marketing professional deeply committed to creating impactful communications in support of the clean energy transition? Do you have excellent initiative, follow-through, and project management skills? Are you looking to join a growing organization where you can have real impact?
RMI is seeking a Digital Marketing Lead to support and execute RMI’s multi-channel digital marketing strategy. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, data-driven, and collaborative individual with experience planning, designing, and executing email marketing campaigns in Account Engagement (formerly, Pardot) or Marketing Cloud Salesforce platforms. This candidate will also have experience or interest in leading RMI’s expansion into new retention channels, including but not limited to SMS and direct mail.
The Digital Marketing Lead is an integral member of RMI’s Communications and Marketing team and is central to the distribution of RMI thought leadership to our key audiences. The role will oversee a portfolio of RMI newsletters, triggered email journeys, and other email marketing campaigns aimed at influencing diverse energy sector decision-makers. A strong desire to accelerate the global transition to clean energy and tackle climate change is essential.
This position reports to the Audience Insights Manager and will work closely with other Communications team members, including editorial, web, and design. The role will play a key part in delivering audience segmentation strategies to internal partners while executing long-term marketing goals. As such, the ideal candidate can adeptly tailor communications for different audiences and will excel at collaborating with internal partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, or related field and/or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in marketing and communications disciplines with proven success executing email marketing campaigns.
- Strong understanding of email marketing best practices: written and visual standards, deliverability, and segmentation practices.
- Proficiency in email coding (HTML and email platforms) to implement email design optimizations and debug ad-hoc display and performance issues.
- Strong data analysis skills, including the ability to plan, execute, and analyze regular a/b and multivariate testing.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated success in planning and executing complex marketing projects.
- Excellent initiative, follow-through, and project management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, a strong collaborator across organizational levels
- Passion for RMI’s mission and theory of change
- Manage all external email marketing communications from inception to reporting, and work with in-house communications peers (i.e., editorial, design, operations, and web) to ensure projects are completed to spec, on time.
- Improve subscriber engagement by increasing segmentation and testing capabilities
- Build and deploy responsive HTML email templates that render correctly across different devices and clients
- Maintain email outreach calendar and proactively address scheduling conflicts.
- Partner with Development, Corporate Engagement, and Research functions to drive cross-channel lifecycle marketing strategy that supports RMI’s theory of change for diverse audience segments.
- To broaden global acquisition of relevant energy sector stakeholders, test new marketing channels, including but not limited to SMS messaging, in-product, and direct mail tactics and technology.
Flexible between RMI’s US-based offices in New York City; Oakland, CA; Washington, DC; Boulder and Basalt, CO.
The salary range for this position is $68,092-$82,536. This is dependent upon experience that will be discussed and vetted through the interview process. This position also includes an additional 5% bonus target.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision Insurance
- 403b retirement options, with 5% match immediately
- Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development, including LinkedIn Learning access
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Casual work environment
Increasing the diversity of thought, perspectives, ideas, and opinions within RMI is a critical change element supporting our long-term sustainability and mission to build a clean, prosperous, and secure energy future.
We strive for a level of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this — regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, socioeconomic class, educational attainment, or other social identities — is critical to the success of each RMI-er and collectively as an organization. This ensures that we:
- Have an array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating others with dignity, respect, and appreciation enabling them to feel welcomed, supported, and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with decision-makers, stakeholders, and constituents within diverse communities.
RMI is an independent nonprofit founded in 1982 that transforms global energy systems through market-driven solutions to align with a 1.5°C future and secure a clean, prosperous, zero-carbon future for all. We work in the world’s most critical geographies and engage businesses, policymakers, communities, and NGOs to identify and scale energy system interventions that will cut greenhouse gas emissions at least 50 percent by 2030. RMI has offices in Basalt and Boulder, Colorado; New York City; Oakland, California; Washington, D.C.; Delhi; Bali; and Beijing.
RMI is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.