We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Email Designer & Developer to join our team. In this role you will oversee the development and delivery of all email communications for British Gas Small Business. You will have responsibility for the designing, HTML, building and deploying of strong email communication for customer journey emails.
What will you do:
- Manage execution of email campaigns end-to-end, creative assets, HTML build and deployment.
- Perform campaign-specific quality assurance testing to validate functional and rendering performance.
- Working with Campaign Managers to plan the campaign projects and timescales.
- Execute on A/B and multivariate tests to increase engagement across retention marketing channels.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise on Company’s email templates, email channel best practice, process and principles, and channel capabilities.
- Work with partners on data and triggered emails.
- Generate reports and monitor performance to provide recommendations and deliver continuous improvements to the email systems.
- Stay current with best practices, strategies, accessibility, design principles and industry standards related to email.
- Identify opportunities to build an automated email system/trigger/lifecycle driven email.
- Ensure all email deliverability is faultless including monitoring feedback loop reporting, avoiding potential spam/blocks
What We Need From You…
This role will be challenging, and you will need a great eye for detail and a real passion for email. You will need an in-depth knowledge of email campaign management and the ability to manage, own and co-ordinate multiple campaigns and designs whilst continuing to deliver on time and to budget.
You will be responsible for managing multiple assignments simultaneously, independently, and within tight deadlines, while being able to handle “the unexpected” with a smile.
First class communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal) are essential with the ability to simplify complex information. A strong understanding of how to effectively engage and convert email subscribers through template design will aid your success.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience using email testing tools (Litmus or Email on Acid)
- Design skills and experience using Photoshop and Figma
- Experience working with ESPs particularly Salesforce Marketing Cloud, AMPScript and ENSEK
We are proud to be recognised as a disability-confident employer.
Our customers come from a variety of different backgrounds, and so do we. We hire great people from all walks of life, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We will continue championing inclusivity while investing in our local communities to create a better, more sustainable world for everyone.
We are incredibly proud to have been recognised by The Times for being one of the Top 50 Employers for Women.
Our people are the beating heart of our business.
We are incredibly proud of our commitment to being FlexFirst. From childcare to furry friends, we listened to our people and understood that they work best when they are comfortable and have a flexible working model that suits their individual needs. We embrace the opportunity to give our colleagues a choice to work from anywhere whilst still ensuring they can connect and engage with their teams through office days, employee networks and virtual events.
We have tailored our well-being & benefits package around our employees as follows;
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Employee Energy Allowance
- Pension scheme
- Electric car lease scheme
- 33 days holiday allowance, inclusive of public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers & travel insurance
We are committed to creating a cleaner and greener future.
And we’re making big changes to help us get there. That means cutting customers' emissions and our own to reach net zero. And because our people are the beating heart of our business, we will continue to champion inclusivity, develop future skills and invest in our local communities to create a better world for everyone. As part of our reforestation project with WeForest, for every new employee that joins our family, we plant trees in underprivileged areas in Tanzania to offer farming and wildlife economy opportunities for locals.