Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About The Role
We’re hiring a lifecycle developer to play a critical role in some of Wealthsimple’s most important initiatives. This is a technical role that focuses on enabling marketers and enhancing all messaging touchpoints in the Wealthsimple ecosystem. The ideal candidate is one that understands how to optimize and scale messaging practices to millions. You’ll be joining our multi-disciplinary Growth organization, and this role has great exposure to many teams within Wealthsimple. You’ll work with stakeholders from Product, Engineering, Design, Data Science, Communications & Engineering.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to
- Own development of emails (one-off, lifecycle, and transactional) and other messaging channels in our platforms
- Collaborate with marketers to enhance and optimize new and existing messaging design and development processes
- Maintain and build on internal tooling and self-serve processes that enable other teams and scale with new products, channels, and businesses.
- Partner with Brand and Product designers to translate mocks from Figma into responsive emails that render properly across supported clients and devices
- Stay on top of messaging industry trends, standards and ideas (ie. AMP, accessibility, responsive development, technology, etc.)
- Develop and maintain reusable email assets and templates to create a library for future use
- Leverage templating languages to build out robust scalable email templates that incorporate personalization
- Manage and optimize the QA process for emails with live testing to ensure proper rendering
We’re looking for someone who has/is
- Proficiency with templating languages to implement dynamic content in email and Github for documentation
- Knowledge of typical email-rendering bugs and workarounds with experience testing and troubleshooting across multiple browsers, email clients and devices (with Litmus or similar QA program) to ensure consistent renderings
- Be a subject matter expert in messaging development best practices, accessibility and proper coding techniques. You’re deeply interested in the future of email (such as AMP) and other new messaging channels.
- Excellent communication skills. You can translate business to technical and vice versa easily. You are comfortable working with stakeholders at any level.
- Experience working within a messaging platform (ie. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, SendGrid, SendWithUs, Braze, Iterable, etc)
- Appreciate the balance of creative and technical problem-solving that’s inherent in email development
- Highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and are always looking for new challenges