Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
This position will support the Email Marketing Team to successfully execute marketing initiatives.
The HTML Email Developer will code, produce, proof, test and troubleshoot effective HTML email blasts that adhere to email marketing compliance standards. While an eye for design is critical, this position is 100% focused on coding, development and testing of HTML emails.
The Celebrity Email HTML Developer is responsible for the technical creation of emails. Primary job tasks include, but are not limited to: html development and/or manipulation, content implementation, understanding of audience segmentation, testing implementation (A/B), quality control, and email rendering through the email service provider (ESP).
He/she works closely with the team's Senior Email Graphic Designer to ensure our campaigns are strong and effective and follow best practices in coding. He/she should have both technical and creative aptitude, an interest in the big picture of campaigns and tactics, and a demonstrated passion for marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the creation of emails, including, but not limited to, html development, audience building, testing, and quality control.
- Develop a high volume of HTML code for email marketing campaigns in Celebrity's ESP (Salesforce).
- Initiates courses of action in line with Marketing strategy, drives forward and follows through against promised development timelines.
- Constructs hypotheses to issues, seeks solutions and applies email industry best practices to improve overall email program quality.
- Execute projects of all sizes through the fullest understanding of rendering and HTML for email best practices.
- Work closely with the Graphic Designer on the template redesign initiatives and ensure that they are in line with Celebrity's brand guidelines.
- Work closely with the email strategists and designer to analyze performance of creative, and development of ideas to optimize email design, which includes A/B tests and other experiments.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, tools and design technology to propose and execute innovative, creative digital ideas.
- Responsible for meeting the deadlines of the various projects assigned and for maintaining clear communication with the team.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university required.
- 5 or more years of design experience in a fast-paced agency or digital marketing department.
- 2 years' experience working with an ESP or marketing automation tool, such as Salesforce.
- Demonstrated proficiency with HTML and CSS.
- Proven experience turning into campaign requirements and marketing assets into effective visual code.
- Ability to assemble emails that contain dynamic content targeting
- Knowledge of current industry standards and best practices for email marketing, including responsive design.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to multi-task and execute efficiently with close attention to detail.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RCL and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.