We are currently seeking an Email Developer! The Email Developer works with the E-Commerce team to develop and deploy automated and triggered guest communication, including email campaigns & push notifications. This individual works on all aspects of guest digital communication execution for booked guests, with a focus on coding, testing as well as some aspects of design. The developer will own the ESP side of the data process and build dynamic, responsive emails for operational, transactional and marketing initiatives, including programming the automation, personalization and targeting. Will also support E-commerce team in the coding and execution of Optimizely A/B testing campaigns.
- Code responsive emails and map data using HTML and AMSCRIPT including proofing and testing creative/content for accuracy to meet and exceed email standards. Manage data extensions, targeting and personalization capabilities for our email program.
- Utilize SQL, JSON/Guide templated language in-depth knowledge required to provide innovative solutions to grow our email capabilities and achieve business goals. Collaborate with merchandising, guest services, analytics and personalization team to plan and execute testing strategy on email (creative set-up, data mapping, campaign coding).
- Develop and maintain dynamic content libraries and assign them to customer attributes through coordination of coding within the ESP and coordination with our data partners.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with email service provider representative, Email Marketing Team, and E-Commerce team if problems arise with tracking, implementation or deployment of email campaigns.
- Work within ESP to develop functional email templates designed around a mobile-friendly customer experience (optimized for all devices).
- Conduct competitive research and identify best practices for coding architecture as well as user experiences for all email programs and landing page designs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Coding, Computer Science, and/or E-commerce.
- Required Certifications: HTML, CSS accreditation or four-year degree [Computer Science or related field preferred].
- 2-5 years of experience with email coding and development. 2-3 years demonstrated success in fast-paced marketing or agency team.
- Experience working on simultaneous projects with demanding deadlines, with ability to shift prioritization to meet business needs. Demonstrated ability to focus on and take ownership for both personal and team results (i.e., quality, deadlines, goal-setting, and process improvement). Must be proficient in modern web best practices, including responsive layouts and mobile-first web design, with a willingness to research and learn new practices. Knowledge to solve complex tasks with simple, clean code. Experience with email testing strategy and set-up (A/B test). Ability to work closely with marketing team members and design teams to create optimal email templates. Understanding of design and layout best practices in a digital environment and within email architecture. Incredible attention to detail. Knowledge of modern content management systems is a plus.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.
Benefits As a Member Of Carnival's Team
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus