We are currently seeking a Digital Marketing Developer! As our EDigital Marketing Developer, you will have experience with creating dynamic and responsive content within multiple ESPs, particularly Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget). This role will be instrumental in building the email marketing program from a technical standpoint and growing it into a best-in-class experience. You will have direct influence on creating department processes and workflow.
Email development, including coding emails using HTML and CSS, conducting rendering testing across email clients and mobile devices, as well as some light work on design modification and image creation. Email deployment, including campaign set-up, segmentation, targeting, QA and A/B testing skills. Code emails using HTML, CSS, AMPscript with email best in class. Code responsive design and optimize emails for mobile devices. Able to QA all emails in Litmus. Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Dreamweaver. Experience executing complex email campaigns in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Understanding of email platform functionality (Salesforce Marketing Cloud), data integration/APIs, CAN-SPAM, and email best practices. Stay up to date on industry technology innovations and third-party technology solutions. Thorough knowledge of project planning, development, and delivery best practices.
- Code emails using HTML and able to map data using AMPscript. Including the proofing and testing of the creative content for accuracy to meet and exceed email standards.
- Develop and maintain dynamic content libraries and assign them to customer attributes through coordination of coding within the ESP and coordination with our data partners.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and execute testing strategy (creative set-up, data mapping).
- Be able to troubleshoot technical issues with or without the help of an email service provider representative, if problems arise with tracking, implementation or deployment of email campaigns.
- Work within ESP to develop functional email templates designed around a mobile-friendly customer experience (optimized for all devices).
- Able to work in a tight deadline driven environment, schedule email and follow up with deployment statuses.
- A good understanding of data and the queries used to split the data into segmentations.
- Able to write and use amp script to properly personalize emails and create multi version emails.
- Understanding / able to run basic reporting for the senior leadership team. Outstanding oral and written communication skills one-on-one and in large groups, with the ability to communicate high-level concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred or, HTML, CSS accreditation.
- 2-5 years of experience with email coding and development. Online industry or travel experience a plus.
- Must have email coding experience (Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred).
- Ability to work with Adobe Suite of products.
- Understanding of dynamic variable coding and data architecture as it pertains to targeted marketing and dynamic content (within ESP).
- Experience working on simultaneous projects with demanding deadlines, with ability to shift prioritization to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on and take ownership for both personal and team results (i.e., quality, deadlines, goal setting, and process improvement).
- Must be proficient in modern email best practices, including responsive layouts and mobile-first web design, with a willingness to research and learn new practices.
- Knowledge to solve complex tasks with simple, clean code.
- Experience with email testing strategy and set-up (A/B test).
- Experience with Data and splitting data with queries.
- Experience Salesforce amp script.
- Ability to work closely with marketing team members and design teams to create optimal email templates.
- Understanding of design and layout best practices in a digital environment and within email architecture.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Knowledge of modern content management systems is a plus.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.
Benefits As a Member Of Carnival's Team
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus