Backblaze is a public company that makes storing and using data astonishingly easy. When our founding team got together, they committed to helping people save their data. Today, the Backblaze Storage Cloud provides a foundational platform around the world for a broad community of developers, IT generalists, entrepreneurs, and individuals who seek the easy, affordable, trusted solutions we provide.
We’ve managed to nurture a team-oriented culture with amazingly low turnover. Our approach is guided by honesty, transparency, and a commitment to doing the right thing. Our customers are happy, and so are our coworkers: In the most recent “Great Place to Work” survey, 94% of our team rated Backblaze as “a great place to work.” Check out what our employees are saying on Glassdoor !
But while there is a lot to celebrate in our past, there is almost as much opportunity ahead of us. We are seeking a Customer Retention Marketing Director!
What You'll Do
The Growth and Retention Marketing Director will be a leader in various stages of the customer journey from customer adoption, to retention and expansion. You will work with the broader marketing team, Product, Customer Success Management, and Support teams to help customers realize the full value of Backblaze’s platform - helping customers achieve their goals while unlocking other opportunities and use cases. You will leverage customer data and insights to launch highly targeted, always-on omni-channel campaigns to provide best-in-class customer experiences throughout the customer journey.
The ideal candidate has a customer-first mindset and is passionate about understanding our customers’ needs based on their experiences. You should have built and scaled a B2B retention marketing discipline by combining the strategy, insights, and the appropriate martech stack required to make your vision come to life. This role will require you to start with a blank canvas and reimagine the customer experience. Candidates will need to roll up their sleeves to get the work done in a collaborative environment.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Fuse business strategy, operational acumen, tactical execution, and data analytics to gain a deep understanding of our customers
- Drive customer lifetime value through measurable, actionable, and scalable motions to increase product usage and reduce product churn
- Lead customer enablement initiatives to ensure the best customer experience with the goal of driving customer adoption, and creating additional value through upselling and cross-sell.
- Ensure the right content is accessible to visitors at every stage of the customer journey for customers
- Partner with Customer Success on programs to move customers through the customer journey
- Report out key performance metrics on a weekly/monthly basis
- Monitor the marketplace to keep ahead of best practices, best-in-class vendor opportunities, and strategies of our competitors and other leading marketers.
The Right Fit
- 10+ years of Growth or Lifecycle Marketing experience with a focus on retention and expansion as an individual contributor and as a manager
- 3+ years as a people manager and a track record of developing and maintaining talent
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or a similar field
- Experience in both B2B SaaS sales-assisted and self-service motions
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to take large sets of data and make sensible decisions
- A self-starter who thrives amid ambiguity
- A strong communicator who is comfortable presenting to senior leaders
- Familiarity with martech stack including email, in-product messaging, CDPs, personalization and A/B testing platforms
- 100% healthcare for family
- Dental and vision plan
- Competitive compensation and 401K
- RSU grants for full-time employees
- ESPP program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Maternity & paternity leave
- MacBook Pro to use for work plus a generous stipend to personalize your workstation
- Childcare bonus (human children only)
- Fertility treatment and support
- Learning & development program
- Commuter benefits
- Culture that supports a healthy work-life balance
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate location, skills, depth of work experience, and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is $140,000 - $190,000
At Backblaze, we value being fair and good to our customers, partners, and employees. That’s why diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our values. We are committed to fostering a workforce where all employees feel a sense of belonging regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status, ability, veteran status, and education. We believe that our dedication to cultivating a diverse workspace not only allows us to better serve our customers in over 175 countries, but further reinforces our commitment to doing the right thing.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Backblaze Employee Privacy Notice.