This full-time employee plays a critical role in developing and driving Gaia Herbs’ engagement and retention strategy, with focus on our subscription program to increase lifetime value. This is a data-driven, customer-centric marketer with a passion for driving customer retention, responsible for developing and strengthening customer relationships by optimizing the user experience at key moments in the customer lifecycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a world-class customer experience by crafting retention strategies that maximize customer lifetime value (LTV) across all touchpoints of the customer journey.
- Establishes a best-in-class onboarding cadence to introduce new subscribe & save customers to our products, drive adherence through education, and establish habitual product use.
- Identifies new opportunities for subscription growth and churn reduction by working through a data-driven approach, compiling, analyzing, and activating qualitative and quantitative data.
- Works with data and consumer insights teams to identify key drivers of engagement and churn, taking action to continually improve CRM efforts.
- Develops a deep, data-driven understanding of our customers and creates actionable plans to leverage this data into lifetime value.
- Establishes and implements a 1-to-1 lifecycle-centric targeted channel marketing approach to improve repurchase rates and re-conversion and drive up- and cross-selling opportunities.
- Builds segmentation strategies and improves personalization at every touchpoint, utilizing a test and learn approach to build proof of concept and automate journeys to maximize engagement and retention.
- Works with Email Marketing and other key stakeholders to orchestrate and execute robust email and text experiences for customers that span digital touchpoints to drive brand engagement, product adoption, and lifetime value.
- Synchronizes pathways of communication across marketing channels to keep new customers engaged and educated.
- Clearly communicates the ideal customer lifecycle to internal stakeholders, sharing a deep understanding of user behavior and how to engage and retain different customer profiles continually.
- Communicates key insights and findings to key stakeholders throughout the organization and optimizes programs based on data-driven analysis.
- Manages and executes a customer referral program that acts as a growth loop to reward loyal customers and attract high-quality customers.
- Establishes a customer loyalty program to surprise and delight loyal customers and nurture long-lasting relationships.
- Leverages marketing automation tools to create transactional, promotional, and informational content strategies that maximize customer retention.
Supervisory Responsibilities – None
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Marketing or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in customer lifecycle or retention marketing including 1+ year at a consumer product or eCommerce company
- 1+ year of managerial experience, overseeing the work of third-party agencies and consultants and/or internal team members
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively use Excel/Google Sheets, eCommerce analytics tools (i.e., Daasity, Google Analytics, Hotjar), Shopify, customer loyalty apps (i.e., LoyaltyLion, Smile.io), and subscription platforms (i.e., Recharge).
- Proven track record in building best-in-class customer experiences that grow engagement, loyalty, and customer lifetime value.
- Relentless curiosity about our customers with a persistent desire to collect information, analyze results, and improve performance.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed in your work with a bias towards action and a willingness to take on tasks no matter how big or small.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated proficiency in cross-functional communication.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and sit. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk and occasionally taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time.
The work environment of this position is remote. The environmental hazards, including the noise level in the work environment are at the employee’s control. Travel may be required up to 5% of the time.
The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.