Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Toast Customer Marketing team is responsible for driving advocacy, revenue, and retention from our restaurant customer base. In this role, you will lead the customer marketing strategy for the Supplier & Accounting line of business. You will be responsible for the go-to customer motion, driving upsell and activation of new and existing products from Toast restaurant customers.
xtraCHEF by Toast is the flagship product within the Supplier & Accounting line of business. xtraCHEF by Toast is a suite of automated financial and operational management tools that help restaurants control food costs and maximize margins. This is an emerging segment within the Toast platform, stemming from Toast’s acquisition of xtraCHEF in July 2021.
The ideal candidate has an “ownership mindset” with the ability to think holistically about the customer experience from awareness through activation. Candidates should have a proven track record of launching new products, running end-to-end marketing campaigns, and operating under a test-and-learn framework to drive learnings early and often.
You should thrive in an environment where you’re building things from scratch with a proven track record of launching new products, and excels in a hyper-growth business-to-business environment. If you’re a creative and analytical team player with a “get stuff done” attitude, read on!
About this roll*:
- Develop the go-to-customer marketing plan for xtraCHEF by Toast, including testing segments, channel mix and messaging
- Execute end-to-end marketing campaigns including copywriting, marketing operations, internal enablement, and postmortem analysis
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Customer Marketing, and Sales teams to execute campaigns that drive conversions from the existing Toast POS customer base
- Build the customer playbook to support high-impact product launches
- Partner with Sales Enablement and Marketing Operations to fully integrate xtraCHEF into the Toast sales and marketing motion
- Develop and execute the customer communication plan to support hardware end-of-life initiatives, as needed
Do you have the right ingredients*?:
- Adaptive, resilient and able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing, dynamic environment
- Skilled in Marketo, HubSpot or other email marketing tool
- Experience with B2B marketing
- Experience leading and executing cross-functional end-to-end marketing campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to synthesize complex concepts into a clear and cohesive story for internal and external audiences
- Ability to navigate complex scenarios and to develop an incremental “crawl, walk, run” approach to addressing challenges
- Experience with customer lifecycle marketing
- Familiarity with marketing operations and technical tools (Salesforce, Google Analytics)
- Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.