Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Shopify, Atlassian, and McGraw Hill rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
We are looking for a hands-on experienced and enthusiastic global Customer Lifecycle Marketing Manager. This manager will help execute our global customer lifecycle marketing program. This role will supervise the development, follow-through, and maintenance of marketing campaigns from onboarding, engaging, renewals, and expansion.
The ideal candidate has significant expertise in developing and optimizing lifecycle marketing programs from purchase through cancellation activities in a B2B environment. They will have a proven track record of using marketing results, customer insights, and analytics to inform and scale a successful global marketing program.
In this role, the Customer Lifecycle Marketing Manager will conceptualize, develop, own, and execute personalized and localized programs for Lever’s paid customer base. You will partner with the customer success, product marketing, partner marketing, demand gen, finance, and the ops and analytics teams to translate business strategy and requirements into scaled customer marketing campaigns.
If you have a passion for building creative and robust, data-driven marketing programs that can organize and drive critical initiatives toward common goals, and are capable and comfortable engaging with execs and individual contributors alike, we want to hear from you.
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years experience running digital marketing programs, preferably in a SaaS or related B2B business.
- Comfortable working with large sets of digital marketing and product usage data to glean critical insight to inform marketing strategy.
- Meets bold goals for the business with an eagerness to challenge the status quo in order to meet objectives.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, problem-solving, and executive presentation skills.
- Excellent cross-functional collaborator, developing deep relationships, and the ability to influence functional teams to gain consensus on a vision for driving performance objectives.
- Detailed, strategic problem solver with strong analytical skills to synthesize raw data into meaningful campaign optimization strategies for new and existing initiatives.
- Excels at project management to deliver multiple competing objectives and priorities on time, and while coordinating with multiple internal teams, each with their own roadmaps.
- Experience owning end-to-end execution for self-serve and sales-assisted buyers, from ideating to building, monitoring, optimizing, and reporting.
- Strong creativity with the ability to understand how Lever’s products relate to achieving our customers’ business objectives!The ability to identify content opportunities and work individually or with the content team to produce content (leveraging existing materials or net new).
- Previous experience working closely with product management, product marketing, and data analytics.
- Hands-on, get-it-done demeanor with excellent project management skills for complex, cross-functional global campaignsPositive attitude, collaborative, energetic, and optimistic!Account-Based Marketing experience is strongly preferred. ABM knowledge of principles and technologies is a must.
- Strong technical skill with web, marketing automation, salesforce.com , and google analytics.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience using Salesforce and Marketing CRM (Marketo or something similar); familiar with Intercom is a plus.
- Experience in A/B testing and campaign optimism strategies.
- Knowledge of current best practices and new strategies for digital and lead generation marketing.
- Prior experience marketing to HR personas is a plus.
- A multi-tasker that can execute across a variety of different responsibilities at one timeEnjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; you must be a self-starter.
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing professionals.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our half-day onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our company, product, vision, and team and understand how your role fits into Lever's broader organization.
- Conduct 1:1s with your team to learn more about each person’s strengths, interests, roles, and responsibilities.
- Connect with Marketing and Sales Leadership to begin architecting future efforts to achieve quarterly goals.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to understand upcoming fiscal year strategies and desired outcomes.
- Complete a draft and understand your quarterly OKRs and contributions.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Create a plan that will help achieve the department and cross-functional OKRs as they relate to customers (quarter through annual including department and company) - what is our customer success strategy.
- Socialize your strategy and plan with cross-functional stakeholders to achieve buy-in.
- Begin executing your plan (by phase if necessary). Measure results on a daily/weekly/basis; share out results with the key stakeholders and the broader company (e.g., Video, Slack, and Email), and test and iterate.
- Update your confluence page for Customer Marketing Present at upcoming Customer Success, Marketing, Sales, and All Hands Meetings - presenting more broadly.
- Join the Customer Dynamic Team that is creating the Customer Summit in (Q3).
- Connect with Product and Event Marketing to understand what events in play and transition roles and responsibilities.
- Develop and activate a customer reference program.
- Connect with Partner Marketing and CX team to support the Help website.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Marketing reporting and metrics are finalized - what KPIs are we focused on?
- Understand account health parameters.
- Full understanding of NPS and CSAT process and reports/findings - work with the team to understand ways for Marketing to contribute and take a more active role in the partnership.
- Outline a customer advocacy program.
- Identify traits about our customers that can help Demand Gen identify look-a-likes to improve lead scoring and intelligence.
- A full map of the customer lifecycle (journey) that we will use to inform content creation, website, events, and product.
- Design an onboarding framework with the CS Team.
- Execute as part of the Dynamic Customer Summit team the customer conference and begin planning with the Events Manager FY23 events.
- Produce at least 3 customer only events each quarter.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Be the foremost authority on our customers and contribute to strategic direction decisions at the leadership level.
- Subject matter expert on our category, competitors, and build a go-to-market strategy that promotes our suite of solutions, integrations, and services in partnership with Product Marketing to our customers.
- Architect upcoming fiscal year strategy and goals for the upcoming planning sessions for the next fiscal year.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Sign up to stay in touch, we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.