At Brazen, we believe everyone deserves a job they love, including you! We are a smart, scrappy, compassionate, and fun bunch, who genuinely love our jobs almost as much as we love our customers.
Brazen is a rapidly growing Venture Capital-backed SaaS startup. Our HQ is in Arlington, VA. Some of our roles are local to our DC office, but we have talented teams all over the map as we continue to build our safety-first hybrid remote and in-person culture, and we care more about what you might bring to our team and where you want to go in your career than where you are located.
If you're like us, you've read tons of job descriptions that look a whole lot like this one. But what we can't put in words is why we would love to hear from you. You've heard the term "living in the gray area," right? Well, a great fit for Brazen is someone who wants to live in technicolor. There's never a gray moment here! We are all entrepreneurs at heart, who believe that when you bring your full self to work, the possibilities are infinite.
If your interest is piqued, let's chat! We'd love to show you, rather than tell you, what makes us special, and find a place in our organization where you can thrive.
What We Do
Our virtual event platform offers employers, universities, workforce development organizations, and associations an innovative way to connect, engage, and chat with top talent--passive and active, as well as their current employees. Organizations like CVS Health, KPMG, Raytheon, dozens of hospitals, school districts, colleges, and universities leverage our technology every day to increase engagement and improve communication, and simply lower barriers for job seekers.
Who We're Looking For
We are growing fast and demand for our software is high. We want to accelerate that growth. And that's where you come in as a Customer Lifecycle Marketing Manager. Your role and goal will be to help the marketing, sales, and customer success teams engage with prospects and customers to drive awareness, create interest for Brazen products and services, and drive product adoption.
To be successful in this role, you must be equal parts writer and builder with a knack for technology and numbers. You'll be an expert with intimate knowledge of our buyers and customers in all of our segments. And with that deep understanding, you'll craft campaigns (lead nurtures, workflows, promotional emails, etc.) that engage our audiences and move them through the funnel, leveraging all the high-value content being created in marketing. Speaking of funnels, you'll help define our funnel stages. Acronyms like TOFU and BOFU are second nature. And you'll be a marketing automation pro (we use HubSpot). Lastly, we need a strategic thinker who can plan all of our lead nurturing campaigns and measure their success.
Your contribution will be measured by moving buyers and customers through the marketing and sales funnel. And you must be great at working with cross-functional teams that include members from management, sales, product, customer success, agencies, and freelancers. You will report directly to the Senior Manager of Content Marketing.
In this job you will:
- Oversee development of email campaigns, leveraging marketing automation within Hubspot to guide the customer journey.
- Write promotional emails for webinars, eBooks, and other assets to drive more leads. And then nurture those leads once they enter the funnel.
- Create a lead score property within HubSpot which will be used to define the size of our audiences in each stage of the funnel.
- Track and measure the success of lead nurturing campaigns using HubSpot dashboards and reports.
- Work closely with the content team to map content to the buyer / customer journey. And you recommend new content ideas when you find holes in that journey.
How you will know you're a strong fit for the role:
- You have demonstrated knowledge of marketing fundamentals and digital content best practices.
- You are a HubSpot (or other marketing automation platform) pro, especially when it comes to the automation, email, dashboards, and lead scoring features.
- You don't just know how to write compelling emails. You understand how to create a comprehensive lead nurturing strategy that supports - and drives - the overall marketing and company strategy.
- You are a pro at running A/B tests on subject lines, email copy, and CTAs.
- You have an uncanny ability to produce writing that connects with customers because you spend time getting to know them and those who sell to them. You regularly conduct prospect, customer and sales rep interviews to inform your lead nurturing strategy.
- You have created and executed a lead nurturing strategy that drives business outcomes, ideally at a high-growth startup.
- You know your way around CRMs and marketing automation solutions (we use Salesforce and Hubspot).
- You are incredibly data-driven and highly analytical. You know that every lead nurturing campaign is fluid and always changing but you make those changes to your campaigns based on data. In other words, you nurture your lead nurture campaigns with a data-driven approach.
- You have a basic understanding of marketing operations and experience in contact and list management.
- You could teach a masterclass on time management, prioritization and attention to detail.
- You have ideally worked on a marketing team at a business-to-business (B2B) company. Not required, but definitely a plus.
Brazen is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, in programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and our culture. Some organizational priorities include:
- Developing policies, procedures and services that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among staff, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our tech community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion
Brazen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Brazen are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Brazen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Brazen encourages applicants of all ages.