Nextdoor is the neighborhood hub for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on. Nextdoor’s email marketing team serves a critical function to inform, engage and inspire members (consumers), local businesses of all sizes and public agencies.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
At Nextdoor, we believe in the transformative power of community. As the Marketing team, we are responsible for communicating our brand in a way that demonstrates its value and is clear and differentiated, and inspires our members and customers about what’s possible. We feel responsibility for the member and customer experience and partner across the company to continuously drive improvement. We are a lean but powerful team, each of us with a diverse opinion and perspective, because that’s what we seek out and respect in others. Nextdoor is on a mission to take online connections and turn them into real life connections. As a senior member of the marketing team, you can help drive that reality.
The Impact You’ll Make
As the Customer Lifecycle Marketing Lead, you’ll be leading the build out of the lifecycle function as our business grows and evolves. You will be responsible for the design and execution of programs that prospect, convert, retain and improve, grow and deepen engagement with consumers, businesses and Public Agencies. You will work cross-functionally with Product, Revenue, International and peers in Marketing to help build our fast-growing business.
You Should Be Excited To Bring Your Experience And Expertise In Order To
Although this role is strategic, you must be willing to roll up your sleeves. You will be managing a team, and together, will be responsible for the execution of our strategy for this function.
- Develop a strategy for how to leverage e-mail marketing, marketing automation and customer relationship management for communication, acquisition, engagement and retention efforts
- Establish email marketing strategies based on company OKRs, revenue potential and resource allocation
- Manage creation, production, scheduling and deployment of all email campaigns and programs
- Oversee audience segmentation strategies based on insights gathered across all channels (email, social, paid media, customers)
- Interpret data, analyze results and develop reports, dashboards and insights across segments, identifying ways to improve ROI performance; drive and optimize key departmental metrics
- Plan and execute rigorous A/B and multivariate testing based on key hypotheses that continuously improve performance and drive channel growth
- Maintain integrity of subscriber database
- Identify opportunities to improve processes for increased efficiency
- Mentor and coach a talented team
You’ll Bring to The House
- 7+ years of experience in CRM, email or lifecycle marketing, or similar
- Proven ability to build strong cross-functional stakeholder relationships across multiple teams; ability to collaborate and lead through influence to drive execution of a strategy
- Strong analytical skills with a record of success in translating performance metrics and complex data into actionable insights and executable plans
- Experience with comprehensive list segmentation, life cycle/drip automations and triggered events within an ESP
- Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture or similar) and UTM tracking
- A customer-centric mindset, always seeking ways to improve the customer experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Experienced in ESP transitions
- Experience with consumer communications platforms
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.