Family owned business Damen Shipyards Group has been in operation for over ninety years and offers maritime solutions worldwide, through design, shipbuilding, ship repair and related services. Damen operates 36 shipyards in 18 countries. We offer direct employment to more than 12,000 colleagues, bringing together a total production value of 1.8 billion euros and delivering 143 ships in 2020.
The Marketing department is based in Gorinchem and is established for the entire Damen Shipyards Group and all its divisions and endorsed brands. It's an exciting time to join our Digital Sales team. This team is responsible for optimizing the customer journey through listening to prospects and customers via tools like Thunderhead and designing Next Best Actions (NBA’s) to improve their flow and eventual submission of leads. Further to this the team handles, qualifies and nurtures all incoming leads (from open online channels – Website, Social, and Corporate email). We have ambitious plans in place and need to recruit an experienced Customer Journey Specialist for 32-40 hours per week.
As our Customer Journey / Social Listening Specialist you will support Damen’s E-commerce / Digital Sales marketing functions. The ideal candidate is an independent, data-driven, solution-oriented team player with a robust knowledge how to build, measure and continuously improve customer journey(s). Also, a deep understanding of customer behaviour-analysis and segmentation will be appreciated. Good understanding and use of journey orchestration tooling (i.e. Thunderhead) along with Sales force is an absolute plus.
In close collaboration with the Digital Sales team, Marketing Activation team, Content / Communications team and Website team the goal is to optimize the customer journey via best practices across all channels, throughout our prospects, customers, and employees journey.
- Identify, record and monitor key customer journeys that optimize conversion, satisfaction and retention. Furthermore design and convey Next Best Actions (NBA’s) for implementation across various online channels via the usage of Thunderhead Tool.
- Benchmark and analyse customer journey and customer experience best practices across the Shipbuilding industry to determine the most important touchpoints in the journey.
- Communicate insights, recommendations and requirements on customer journeys & conversion optimization improvements of relevant touchpoints on a regular basis and to multiple stakeholders
- Help build clear and trackable use cases justifying new experiences or features that will improve E-commerce and customers satisfaction.
- Quality Assurance (QA) marketing experience and user flows (for campaigns or new features) across related channels.
- Work closely with various Sales Areas to deliver the most relevant personalized experiences for their specific audiences.
- Manage a test framework to build and share customer insights. Setting of A/B and multivariate tests.
Skills & experience
- Higher vocational education (HBO) or academic (WO) level of thinking with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in developing retention, customer journey, loyalty or related function.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills, rigorous attention to detail and bias for customer-centric planning.
- High proficiency and deep knowledge in web analytics and reporting (Adobe, Google Analytics, Power BI, Sales force and Thunderhead) will be prioritized.
- Proven track record for driving measurable results through customer marketing efforts such as NBAs ideally in E-commerce environment or in a customer-focus environment.
- Ability to build cross-functional plans and inspire collaboration.
- Capacity to understand, challenge and connect Marketing plans on all channels (CRM, Media, website) will be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills including ability to give clear direct feedback, set clear expectations and connect with people on a personal level.
- A good level in Microsoft PowerPoint is awaited.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language.
- Availability of 32-40 hours per week.
What we offer
Damen Offers You (in Case Of Full Time Employment)
At Damen we realize that supporting and managing many talented individuals is of great essence. We understand that the key to success is to find the right person for the right job. That is why we continuously invest in your development.
- a dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation
- a competitive salary
- at least 40 days of annual leave
- profit sharing & pension allowance
- continuous focus on professional and personal development through our Damen Academy
- an active social environment such as events and sports