Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. Etsy, Inc.'s 'house of brands' portfolio has expanded to now include four individually distinct ecommerce brands â Etsy, fashion resale marketplace Depop, musical instrument marketplace Reverb, and Brazil-based handmade goods marketplace Elo7. As an Etsy employee, youâll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are seeking a CRM marketing technologist with experience in building complex multi-channel experiments and programs in our Marketing Automation Platform that help expand the reach and personalization of our CRM channels. This role will be working closely with our Database Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Martech, Product, and Strategic Marketing teams to innovate campaigns through automation, segmentation, and personalization.
The CRM team is part of the Growth Marketing team within the Etsy Marketing Organization, and it owns the strategy, data integration, production, deployment, and reporting of marketing campaigns that help more than 40 million buyers worldwide find and purchase the perfect item on Etsy and leaves them wanting to come back again and again, and provides over 3 million sellers with the mentorship and support they need to continue to grow their business on Etsy.
About the Role
We’re looking for a strong technical leader who has shown success in implementing highly targeted communications and is excited by the prospect of improving channel automation through user segmentation, personalization, content optimization, and product improvements. An ideal candidate is someone who can implement our CRM strategy and roadmap with agility and precision and has a strong desire to work for a fast-paced company that does things differently!
- End-to-end production of highly targeted marketing and transactional communications across multiple channels, ensuring accuracy and delivery
- Write business requirements and briefs in collaboration with key stakeholders in order to build ad-hoc and automated communications
- Implement CRM roadmap and campaigns by enabling, automating, & scaling personalization across retention channels in our Marketing Automation Platform
- Project manage production for end-to-end campaign implementation and launch with key stakeholders including tirekicking and QA’ing automations and scheduling / ramping up experiments
- Develop & implement proper QA & QC protocols with partners (including internal Martech and Database Marketing teams and external platform teams) to launch campaigns to spec.
- Implement longitudinal and multi-variant testing across multiple audiences and launch experiments to optimize the channel performance with a focus on achieving goals, including buyer retention and seller growth.
- Deliver and maintain analytics reporting that measures the performance of each campaign and own email campaign insights on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Identify opportunities to improve our technical implementation of automations and general technical capabilities
- Contribute to continuously improving CRM processes and efficiency by making recommendations and implementing measures that improve process and team agility including continuous optimization of marketing platform/tools
- Communicate and coordinate status updates, launch confirmations, ETAs, blockers, and campaign results on a weekly basis
- This role requires working outside of normal business hours such as weekends, late nights, or early mornings depending on campaign launch times and any urgent messages that need to be delivered
- 5+ years experience in a CRM or Marketing Automation building and implementing campaigns across multiple channels in an ESP platform or Marketing Automation Platform
- Experience working with third party ESPs; Braze experience required and you enjoy integrating a good connected content call
- Strong project management and execution success
- Ability to work at a fast pace while handling competing priorities.
- Technical skill with a proven track record to quickly learn new skills and assimilate new technologies
- Accountability to deliver high quality work and are proactive to share new insights with peers and leadership
- Highly collaborative and operate with integrity, confidence, and compassion.
- Passionate about supporting small businesses and deeply care about the Etsy buyer and seller experience
- Understand CAN-SPAM/CASL/GDPR requirements and inbox deliverability standards
- Understand the basics of data segmentation and attribution, including some knowledge of SQL
- Experience using HTML to build and personalize marketing communications
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you've hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.