We are looking for a CRM Systems Engineer and Development Manager to join the team. This key role in our CRM team is responsible for the operational set up and delivery of all multi-channel campaigns required to execute our market leading, customer-centric CRM programme. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated and ambitious individual with proven experience in email development and driving KPI improvements for email and SMS channels.
Key to the role is managing a CRM dedicated email developer as well as working alongside the wider IT team to develop and maintain the CRM database infrastructure and ensure effective data integration with our ESP.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Managing the CRM developers resource in accordance to business requirements
- Developing the talent and skillset of an email developer (direct report)
- Managing the set up and delivery of UK multi-channel campaigns within automation programmes
- Building and maintaining responsive and accessible email templates ensuring they are up to current email best practices
- Manipulating JSON data via a scripting language such as Liquid, AMPScript to produce highly complex dynamic content
- Maintain and build new blocks within drag and drop email templates for the use of the wider CRM team
- Troubleshooting rendering issues across various browsers, email clients and devices
- Perform QA across the CRM team
- Liaising with the ESP support team to ensure platform issues/requirements are raised and resolved
- Maintaining awareness of email design and development trends to drive innovation
Data Integration Skills
- Maintaining data integrity within our ESP ensuring data is being correctly populated from various sources such as API and FTP
- Monitoring data within our relational database across multiple tables and use SQL to create views for segmentation
A Few Things About You
- 3-5 years’ experience developing emails and using marketing automation tools such as Emarsys
- Proven ability of working with HTML/CSS and a scripting language such as Liquid/AMPScript
- Experience in working with APIs to trigger event-based campaigns and using the data to populate campaigns
- Knowledge of data integration processes into an ESP
- An understanding of SQL and relational database management
- Experience in managing a team
- Excellent attention to detail and QA skills
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- £200 annual attendance bonus
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.