Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for strategic decision making and the successful management of CRM programs for our portfolio of subscriptions products across Yahoo across multiple verticals including Sports, Finance, Mail and more. This role will be focused on driving signs-ups (net-ads) while minimizing churn and ensuring customer engagement of exclusive subscription features by developing and executing strategies and tactics that impact the levers of customer lifetime value. With a strong focus on CRM email, push notifications, and marketing automation, the Marketing Manager will create orchestrated, cross-channel programs which reach users across multiple devices to drive acquisition, winback, retention and engagement initiatives.
The Marketing Manager will work with the Product Marketing, Creative, Marketing Analytics and Marketing Technology teams to deliver smart programs that align with our programmatic, audience-led strategy for CRM.
- Create and execute strategic programmatic user-led CRM programs for the Yahoo subscriptions products, including first and third-party offerings.
- Develop engagement and customer communication strategies that continuously articulate and reinforce the product’s value and purpose to minimize churn and increase customer lifetime value
- Leverage research, insights and campaign results to make data-driven decisions
- Prepare and deliver quarterly business reviews to marketing product teams
- Develop and execute multivariate email testing plans
- Manage the operationalization of new features such as personalization, dynamic content, targeting and triggers
- Deep expertise in managing day-to-day email execution (segmentation, production, deployment, reporting
- Lead and execute email marketing testing strategies and report on A/B and multivariate tests to drive engagement
- A creative thinker who isn’t afraid of working with data to enhance campaigns and overall strategies
- Keep track of and share industry insights on the media/publishing landscape to help drive more informed decisions and ignite new strategies and ideas.
- 7+ years experience in the email/CRM/Marketing Automation industry
- Ecommerce experience a plus
- Experience with consumer/audience based email and development of Lifecycle Marketing programs
- Working knowledge of and experience with third-party email service providers and marketing automation platforms. Epsilon People Cloud Manager experience is highly desired.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.