Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a seasoned CRM strategist who is excited about driving measurable improvements to customer conversion and delivering impactful brand-building initiatives. This role will be responsible for driving engagement throughout the Pet Parent lifecycle with a particular focus on customer activation and retention. The CRM strategist will generate and implement a roadmap of initiatives that meet our retention and activation targets and build value for our customers. The ideal candidate is eager to build a strong understanding of our Pet Parent community and brings a lens of customer empathy to their work. They are also highly organized, build strong cross functional relationships, and can use a combination of instincts and business data to make tough prioritization calls. This role will report to the Senior Manager of CRM.
- Using customer insights, generate a roadmap of tactics tests and tactics that drive improvements to conversion metrics.
- Implement tests and ensure findings are properly disseminated and actioned on
- Brief in and collaborate with our creative team and CRM operations & technology team to bring the strategy to life
- Partner with manager and product/analytics team to set goals and create reporting, regularly sharing progress towards goals
- Deliver outstanding project management and cross functional partnership on multiple initiatives at one time, including making and communicating challenging prioritization decisions
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years proven experience preferredStrong strategic skills and knowledge of CRM industry standards are a must
- Analytical skills and ability to run clean and informative tests
- Experience defining, tracking, and analyzing marketing performance
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Uses clear prioritization frameworks to create a roadmap of impactful marketing initiatives
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Track record of independently leading effective cross functional workstreams
- Ability to manage relationships and influence decisions up and across organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience gathering customer insights or feedback to inform decision making
Your Bonus Skills:
- Experience working in a two-sided marketplace
- Experience working in Iterable
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Experience driving engagement via push, SMS, or creative engagement channels
Benefits of working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Pet benefits, including $1,000 toward adopting your first dog or cat
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently performed virtually due to COVID-19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.