When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun. We are already a multi-billion pound company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As a CRM Specialist for the rider central marketing team, you are the voice of Deliveroo when speaking with our riders, globally. Reporting into the Rider Senior CRM manager you’ll initiate, build, proof, send and approve targeted campaigns across our customer segments, including campaigns that support and enhance our overall marketing calendar. Overall you’ll be laser focused on creating campaigns and working across other rider initiatives that are relevant to our riders, and contribute to our KPI’s of increasing rider hours worked. You will be focused on utilising the right channels at the right time and that ultimately deliver a meaningful impact to our riders, since they are at the core of the business. You'll sit within the Central CRM team, but work closely with teams from across the whole business, including our Rider Operations teams.
You’ll be a passionate and technical marketer, who consistently puts the rider at the centre of their decision making and campaign execution. You'll be the kind of person who can’t wait to look at your metrics soon after a send, and you'll get excited about new ideas, new channels and new campaigns. You'll work well with others and arrive at kick-off meetings for a new campaign full of ideas, based on what we've learnt through data and your own inspiration.
To Do All Of This, You'll
- Collaborate with the wider rider operations, marketing and engagement teams to create multichannel, dynamic and data driven campaigns.
- Coordinate and be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of emails, push-notifications and in-app messages executing in a timely and effective manner
- Create, deploy and own local experiments to develop CRM best practises
- Be comfortable with data targeting, segmentation & analysis - pulling it, manipulating it and interpreting it
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders to ensure workloads & deadlines are managed efficiently (we love Slack channels for everything)
- Drive test & learn strategies to optimise email templates, content and customer initiatives creating email best practice and making recommendations across the business
- Support the Rider Senior CRM manager with other rider initiatives and to analyse and track key segments for future growth and commercial planning
- Conduct post campaign reporting, pulling out the most interesting lessons and using these to guide your future ideas
- Bachelor's Degree (Marketing or Business preferred) or strong relevant experience
- A minimum of 1 years email application experience
- Highly computer literate with:
- HTML familiarity (ability to understand where changes need to be made)
- Email deployment experience (Braze experience preferred)
- Data visualisation tools (Looker experience preferred)
Life at Deliveroo
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around.