If you love video- games of all types, have direct experience with CRM, the proven record to handle large scale strategic marketing projects from concept to execution, and report on key meaningful metrics, then this is the job for you!
Your Role Within Our Kingdom
We are looking for an outstanding marketer willing to develop their CRM skills and who can help project lead and coordinate multi- channel strategic projects using our CRM channels, to support our games most pivotal initiatives (limited time events and partnerships). You will work within the Central Live Marketing team to deliver and optimize a world- class experience to our players by briefing, operating and monitoring messaging campaigns that reach hundreds of millions of players worldwide.
As a CRM Specialist, you’re the point of contact for operating campaigns. As such, you’re able to build recommendations and implement best- in- class campaigns.
You will enjoy a creative, challenging, and collaborative environment where your creativity, energy and ideas will be every bit as valued as your marketing and channels expertise.
- Support operations to develop, implement, monitor, and optimize CRM campaigns across Candy Crush, the biggest game within King portfolio
- Work together with Data Analytics, Design teams and game studios to understand business needs and see opportunities to develop exciting, innovative and relevant multichannel campaigns.
- Implement the campaigns on the owned channels side (push notifications, in- game pop- ups, and emails)
- Coordinate the support of the different marketing teams in building big marketing moments through the year, establishing effective project communication & tracking while ensuring a strong and quality delivery.
- Facilitate the creation of the campaigns assets (graphics, copy, translation), identify the right segmentation/campaign structure and set- up the campaigns across the CRM systems.
- Analyze campaign performance, identify and share key insights, iterate and optimize
- Report CRM activities, results and findings to various customers within marketing and game studios
- Develop a high level of proficiency with our CRM and analytics tools
- Look for opportunities for automation
- Support the marketing team in new concept generation, prioritization and test planning
- Report on KPI metrics, such as monetization, engagement, and reach.
The position reports into the Live Marketing Ops Director in Barcelona.
Skills to Create Thrills
You find all aspects of marketing captivating and fully understand how all the different pillars of marketing can work together to deliver an outstanding experience to our players. You are highly creative but also enjoy using a mix of strategy, intuition and data analysis in your day- to- day work.
You’ll have an appreciation of what content works well with your players and how the quality of content and accurate targeting can help increase the playing experience and build dedication. You are player centric and think first through the eyes of the players you are connecting with.
- +3 year of significant work experience using CRM campaign management tools (Braze recommended)
- Strong project management skills, including knowledge of Agile ands Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of Looker or similar reporting tool, as well as an understanding of what makes good data visualization
- Highly analytical, with experience of data decision making,
- Solid understanding or enthusiasm for the games industry,
- A passion for mobile games,
- Consistent track record of leading impactful marketing campaigns (be prepared to share some case studies with us),
- Excellent English writing, editing and communication skills,
- You are a true great teammate but have the ability to work independently.
- Outstanding attention to detail as deliverables are shared with key team members.
- A great communicator, with good communicating skills and a strong ability to build relationships with key partners across different levels.
This role is based in our Barcelona office, but some travel may be required
- Cultural: You will be inquisitive, hard- working, low- ego and able to work in a fast- based business environment.
- Industry: Experience of working within a consumer internet business with a substantial customer base, and broad set of products or services.
- Functional: You will have CRM expertise with in- depth knowledge in at least one of our key channels (e- mail, mobile push, and in- game messaging).
- Highly numerate: You will be very comfortable evaluating and optimizing campaigns in a quantitatively robust manner. You will know how to improve test and learn approaches to your campaigns.
- International experience: King is a very international business (there are Candy Crush Saga players in Antarctica!) - so candidates with strong international experience are desirable.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.