We’re looking for an ambitious and strategic Retention Marketing Manager to join the Thistle team. This person will be responsible for maximizing customer engagement across channels and along their entire journey with Thistle.
The best person for this role will be one motivated by both data-driven and creative obstacles - you are equally excited by analytics as you are by brainstorming, and are able to use your experience and skills to optimize the Thistle customer experience and have a measurable and direct impact on key growth metrics.
This role will be a part of our remote Growth Marketing team and will report directly to our Senior Director of Growth & Marketing.
What you'll do
- Own CRM and Retention Marketing strategy and related efforts in partnership with Brand, Product, Creative and Customer Support teams.
- Constantly generate new ideas and approaches for engaging with the customer through the subscription lifecycle including but not limited to the following channels: email, text, and push notifications.
- Act as an internal subject matter expert on best practices to increase the success of related marketing campaigns through multiple channels.
- Manage campaigns and programs across the customer lifecycle, from inception to execution and analysis, with the goal of maximizing metrics such as conversions, LTV, AOV, resurrections, and NPS.
- Work cross-functionally with the Brand, Creative, and Product teams to bring visibility to key content and features.
- Develop segmentation strategies to customize email messaging to users using the Thistle brand voice, behavioral data, and email engagement metrics.
- Monitor channel performance and work collaboratively with product/eng team to inform new growth & engagement strategies
- Develop and cultivate a culture of iteration and experimentation - implementing A/B tests to optimize email performance and achieve customer retention as well as resurrection goals
What you'll bring
- Minimum 2+ years experience in Email/CRM/Retention/Lifecycle Marketing within direct to consumer category, ideally at an early to mid-stage high growth startup
- Experience using today’s modern ESPs(such as Klayvio), Google Analytics, and Google Workspace. Tableau experience is a plus.
- Experience in managing the customer lifecycle from email capture onward within a lean growth/marketing team and in multiple channels
- Experience with content personalization, handlebar logic, etc.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills demonstrated through past work
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
While you'll love working at Thistle
- Join a kind, diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Generous employee discount
- Flexible time off policy and generous parental leave
- Team-building and frequent Wellness events
- Comprehensive health benefits(medical, dental, vision) to fit your needs
- Choice of PC/Apple equipment