Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 90 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange in June 2019 and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual with a background in the technical side of CRM (email/push) and both an aptitude and a desire to grow their knowledge and skillset in a fast paced, yet supportive, environment. The ideal candidate will be technically minded with a solid understanding of how data can be used to power CRM.
This is an exciting role providing the opportunity to deliver best-in-class, multichannel engagement programmes by leveraging our huge datasets and working closely with a wide range of stakeholders - The role requires close collaboration with the CRM Campaigns, Product, Data and MarTech teams providing plenty of breadth for cross-functional learning and idea generation.
- Work closely with the Data and CRM Campaigns teams to use our customer model and deliver highly engaging communications & lifecycle journeys via email and app.
- Building complex, high volume and dynamic marketing campaigns in Braze which utilises the coding language Liquid.
- Overseeing the deployment of our marketing communications to ensure efficient (working with Validity) and optimised content for our customers – delivering the right message at the right time.
- Continue to develop and discover new features/ improvements and new ideas to support the overall CRM strategy and being able to communicate this to campaign managers.
- Be the subject matter expert of our customer engagement platform (Braze)
- Documentation detailing the implementation for key projects while coordinating with other members of the team in order to share learning and support new initiatives.
- Assisting the team in the quality assurance process, making sure the campaign is accurately setup and personalisation is implemented correctly.
- Assisting the team with bug fixes and blacklist requests, allocating and completing tickets in a timely manner
- Ideally, experience and working knowledge of Braze or similar experience with CRM solutions; CEP/ESP/IMP (Adobe Campaign Manager, Salesforce / Microsoft Dynamics)
- Hands-on experience with building complex multi-channel customer journeys and outbound marketing initiatives. Proactively and autonomously working on establishing segmentation and A/B test needs
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and experience in Liquid would be ideal.
- An understanding of customer segmentation and of how data flows, and how to best use these to power our CRM campaigns
- Experience with pre/post campaign reporting.
- Passionate about the customer experience and driving customer success
- Able to articulate and convey technical concepts to a mixed audience