About Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company:
We are revolutionizing the way the world learns.
Our mission is simple: to help people learn! Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company, is a fast-growing education technology company that is improving how people learn. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with personalized instruction to achieve any goal.
With more than a decade of operating experience, we are North America's largest tutoring network and help hundreds of thousands of people learn each year through tutoring, classes and self-study. This amazing growth has earned us the right to transition into a public company, which was completed on September 21 2021, fuelling incredible new career opportunities across the company. Get in on the ground floor, and embark on this exciting new stage of our evolution.
We succeed thanks to a diverse mix of talented people who want to come, stay, and do their best work. If you love learning, technology, and making a true impact, you’re going to love working here!
Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position. We’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate. Everyone can grow at Varsity Tutors. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply. Apply now if this is a role that would make you excited to work every day!
Varsity Tutors is seeking a versatile CRM Marketing Manager specializing in Retention and Engagement Marketing to help manage, enhance, and develop the company’s customer retention strategies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, highly analytical, results-oriented, have a strong bias for action, and be intellectually curious. The CRM Marketing Manager is responsible for the development of comprehensive Engagement and Retention strategies that influences customer behavior and increases customer lifetime value.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Proven track record of working at the strategic and tactical level to develop and execute innovative Customer Relationship Marketing initiatives including personalized / segmented communications, campaigns and promotions.
- Solid understanding of CRM and experience with CRM strategy
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; Advanced Excel and basic SQL experience is preferred.
- Experience working with and implementing product, tech and data teams for database marketing, data / tech requirements gathering and driving integration with CRM technologies.
- Experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Deep and abiding love for figuring out how things work, then relentlessly testing and optimizing to drive desired outcomes.
- Creative and technically inclined with a bias for scaling programs through algorithmic and automated solutions.
- Experience managing and driving multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical initiatives are driven.
- Bonus points for strategic development and management of demand generation, lead management, channel development, and product/market segmentation strategies.
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Create, optimize, and evolve retention strategies leveraging email, SMS, and telesales.
- Improves the customer experience and drives core business objectives at each stage of the customer journey by driving high-value behaviors, reducing churn and increasing lifetime value.
- Develop an overall CRM strategy & communications plan to leverage the most effective marketing channels (email, mobile, in-app, etc.) to drive success against critical KPIs through an in-depth and on-going analysis of consumer insights and patient journey mapping.
- Coordinates the design and execution of email communications and landing pages in cooperation and alignment with the marketing, product, and design teams, as well as team members from each individual business unit as applicable.
- Create strategies to strengthen our relationship with our customers throughout their lifecycle with the end goal of maximizing customer retention.
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate initiatives, with an understanding and strategic view of all internal/external variables to retain and delight our customers.
- Drive learning and optimization of funnel through experimentation, creative iteration, and A/B testing.
- Pull data, analyze, and communicate results. Pivot or shift approaches when necessary in response to what you learn.
- When needed, collaborate with design, marketing, engineering, product, and BI teams.
- Once retention channels are proven, work with engineering to optimize, scale, and automate.
- Can own retention and marketing programs end-to-end, including integrating with third-party APIs.
- Competitive Salary plus Equity in the company
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday
- Paid VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Online Classes and [email protected] program
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback-rich culture
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer!
We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. (INDHP)