The Athletic is seeking a CRM Marketing Manager to join our team. In this high-impact role, you will be responsible for developing strategies and executing programs to convert, engage and retain subscribers throughout their lifecycle.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, customer-centric marketer with an entrepreneurial spirit, impeccable project management skills and a history of developing successful CRM programs that drive the business forward.
You will be a good fit for this position if you have a strong attention to detail and thrive when given the opportunity to use data to support independent and group decision making. You’ll collaborate closely with Data Insights/Analytics, Engineering, Product, Editorial, and Integrated Marketing and be tasked with delivering bold and innovative ideas for how to improve our segmentation, personalization as well as cross-channel communication to our users.
- Ideate and lead the execution of robust CRM programs that drive conversion from free users, build relationships with and engage subscribers, and win back churned users across email, in-product and in-app channels.
- Drive continuous improvement of business and channel-specific KPIs, maintaining a clear optimization and experimentation plan while documenting best practices.
- Analyze program results, develop benchmarks, and create and share regular performance reports.
- Collaborate with Data Insights/Analytics team to build reporting dashboards, plan and analyze optimization tests and identify new user insights to leverage in lifecycle marketing programs and longitudinal experiments.
- Work cross-functionally on a range of projects including developing advanced segments and tailored marketing opportunities that enable CRM to personalize the user journey.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to identify and build features that will support CRM marketing.
- Execute the campaign deployment process to ensure smooth delivery to our audience.
- Communicate proactively and clearly with business leaders and stakeholders about strategy, execution, and performance tracking to plan.
- 5+ years of CRM/Lifecycle experience planning, executing, and analyzing campaigns, automations and workflows with a strong focus on email marketing.
- Superior project management and communication skills with the ability to balance rigorous attention to detail with swift execution.
- Extensive experience working with CRM platforms (Iterable, Braze, Sailthru, etc.).
- A self-starting attitude, on the lookout for opportunities to make an impact without needing to be asked.
- Strong analytical skills; able to create data-driven marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Experience with A/B testing, messaging, and post-campaign analysis.
- Working knowledge of HTML.
- Interest in sports and media is a plus, but is not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.