Sunrun is looking for a creative, analytical, collaborative communications manager to join our marketing team. This role will be responsible for creating and managing new email, SMS, and cross-channel campaigns with the goal of delivering new customer acquisition for Sunrun. As part of the sales and marketing team, you will collaborate cross-functionally with the sales, marketing, product, pricing, software, and business development teams. As a subject matter authority with a dedicated focus on creating nurture and customer education campaigns within the consumer-to-customer funnel, you are passionate about testing and discovering new methods and campaigns to grow the business. This role requires action-oriented curiosity and will lead cross-functional projects throughout campaign planning, including briefing and content creation through campaign execution.
Campaign planning: Ideation and creation of email, SMS, and cross-channel campaigns with impactful, relevant messaging that convert leads and opportunities to customers.
- Lead creation of new scheduled campaigns, trigger/automated marketing campaigns, and multi-touch or drip campaigns that enhance the customer journey
- Write campaign briefs, which include criteria and direction for creative, targeted customer segment and criteria selection, and messaging
- Leverage customer segmentation and journeys to deliver relevance and personalization
- Reviewing, revising, and occasionally writing (as needed) customer-facing content
- Work with Program Manager, Customer Lifecycle on measurement planning
Campaign operations: Project management and process management of launching campaigns into market.
- Work collaboratively within the team and Program Management Office (PMO) to launch new initiatives and enhance our delivery of communications into market
- Manage processes for campaign setup and deployment in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Manage a repository of historical lessons learned and findings of launched campaigns, including measurement and testing reporting
Test and learn: Curiosity to iteratively innovate and increase effectiveness of converting consumers to customers.
- Propose and champion A/B testing for creative, messaging, and/or audience
- Research trends and new functionalities that enhance communications and/or personalized digital experiences
- Collaborate with Data Science to create large-scale tests, experiment design, measurement and analysis methodology
- Critical analysis to understand why a campaign did or did not perform well and make recommendations based on data
Lead Projects Across Cross-functional Functions And Teammates
- Manage campaign development, deployment, and projects with internal teams and external partners (agencies and vendors)
- Optimizes future campaigns based on
- Identifies trends and best practices in the email and CRM
- 5+ years of marketing experience with planning and execution of email CRM campaigns (brand-side experience or agency experience)
- Experience building, implementing and leading sophisticated projects and programs across many cross-functional groups
- Knowledge and previous experience using CRM/engagement marketing technology to implement new email campaigns, including audience segmentation deployment, and post-launch reporting
- Strong knowledge of email best practices
- Excellent project management skills to balance and guide many concurrent projects from ideation to lessons learned. Excellent writing skills for briefs, content, and presentations. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented and metrics-driven
- Resourceful and creative. Strong iterative problem-solving abilities.
- All-around teammate; collaborative by nature and brings a positive attitude
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledgeable in the renewables and/or energy market landscape a plus
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.