Paperless Post is seeking a highly analytical, data driven and creative CRM Marketing Manager to manage, grow and optimize our email program and support additional channels, such as native app and referral as we continue to grow. We're looking for someone creative, proactive, and detail-oriented with a passion for captivating current and potential users through smart and on-brand communications. You will rely on data and testing to find new ways to drive increased user value, usage and retention through emails, app messaging and other marketing avenues you uncover.
A Little About Us
Paperless Post is a social utility that uses technology to reimagine invitations and bring people together in the real world. Our card product is the leading product in the formal digital event space, and 3 years ago we released Flyer, a flexible new event product that is fun to design and simple to share. The PP Engineering team is a highly collaborative group of developers and technologists that’s charged with building and refining a consumer-facing product that millions of people interact with each month. Our individual feature teams each focus on a unique piece of the user experience and are made up of engineers, QA, product managers, and product designers. We prioritize creativity and continuing education, and our ongoing commitment to quality code shows in our pragmatic but fearless approach to technology.
This role will be responsible for defining, owning, and executing the overall user retention strategy, including lifecycle management, promotions, campaigns, creative and messaging to ensure users continue to use our products and services. Current focus channels are email and push notifications with expansion opportunities in the long-term (e.g. referral/loyalty programs, etc.). The ideal candidate is analytical, proactive, collaborative, creative, efficient, and driven to continually find ways to optimize and improve performance. You should also have experience in building marketing plans and communications that generate strong engagement and retention. The role will report to the Director of Growth Marketing.
What You’ll Do Here
- Own and execute day-to-day operational tasks of email & push programs, from creative briefs and technical requirements through HTML coding and QA/deployment and reporting.
- Manage and own Email Service Provider (ESP) on all related functions
- Develop CRM strategy to optimize the customer journey and create high-impact CRM initiatives that drive consumer acquisition, retention, engagement and loyalty.
- Develop and own iterative testing strategy to gain insights and continually improve the customer experience through optimized messaging and targeting.
- Analyze and interpret email campaign results and ensure frequent reporting and share out cadence with key stakeholders including creative team and senior leadership.
- Lead and develop creative, innovative ideas across CRM channels to drive newness among users in order to gain share of event calendar and drive incremental revenue per customer (increase ACV).
- Build and manage email content calendars and maintain a complete roadmap for key CRM channels to ensure that we are driving towards more efficient and automated solutions.
- Collaborate closely with creative, brand and integrated marketing, data and engineering to align on key initiatives with cross-functional team goals.
- Streamline processes by leveraging new automated solutions while maintaining and improving workflows already in place
- Analyze, report on, and optimize against performance metrics including open rate, click-to-open rate, click through rate, conversion rate and revenue lift.
- At least 3-5 years in CRM/retention marketing related role, with 2+ years of experience using and editing HTML
- Creative thinker with a deep knowledge of all technical details to execute/code emails
- Deep knowledge of data integration and engineering needs in order to drive automation in the email channel
- Deep analytical capability and desire to obsess over constantly improving the digital customer experience leveraging quantitative and qualitative inputs.
- Curiosity to build out new programs and proactively bring recommendations to senior leadership that will drive business growth
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communication or other related field or equivalent experience is a plus. Relevant work experience is more important.
- Experience working with both creative teams as well as data/analytics teams, but also not be scared to dig into the data and get their hands dirty to gain insights and solve problems
- Experience making data-driven decisions using analytics, A/B testing, and campaign reports and dashboards
- Experience in setting up automated marketing communications and audience segmentation and targeting in an ESP
- Ambitious self-starter with strong ownership attitude and demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Energized by the ability to own and execute CRM channels with strong sense of accountability
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Previous experience handling ESP migration, a plus
- Previous experience using ESP Sailthru and analytics tool Looker, a plus
- Experience at startup, a plus
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and healthy balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we get to spend our days focused on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.