MyTutor is the UK’s leading online platform for one-to-one learning, and we're on a mission to improve education for everyone in the UK and beyond, (we’re expanding internationally). We’re building a future where access to high quality learning is stress-free for those who can afford it, and funded for those who can't.
Our handpicked community of tutors work online with students from all walks of life, and have already given over half a million lessons. We’re proud of the fact that over 1,300 schools have also chosen to work with us, and that we’ve earned a Trustpilot rating of 4.8/5. (You can also check out our tutors’ ratings here.)
Our team of nearly 300 is distributed across the UK, meaning we encourage a hybrid culture that supports collaboration and flexibility. We are a learning organisation and hope to work with more people who are passionate about doing great work and improving every day.
We always prioritise our team wellbeing and development. Everyone has the option to use our hotdesking app, Desana, to book a table and room at our coworking office near Spitalfields, London.
Every role at MyTutor is open to applications from all sections of society. We see potential in every individual regardless of: race, ethnic origin or nationality; religion or belief; physical or neuro-ability; socio-economics or age; marital, domestic or civil partnership status; sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic that makes you… well, you.
We are committed to conscious inclusion to create a sense of belonging, connection and shared purpose within our teams. We know it’s the right thing to do, and we know it will make us all happier, fulfilled, and successful in our work. You can also find a copy of our current Gender Pay Gap report here and we are continuing to build our roadmap of creating a more diverse and inclusive workforce.
What’s it all about?
The Marketing Team develops and executes journeys that usher prospects and customers from awareness to purchase to advocacy, optimising for return on investment in pipeline and revenue. This role answers the question, to what extent is email a lever for growth and how do we maximise that lever? The CRM leader will own the technical foundation for Marketing’s execution of email communications that initiate and accelerate acquisition of schools, parents and tutors.
In this vital Marketing role, you’ll be owning and building from the ground up our overall approach to email as a performance channel. As CRM lead you will work closely with Marketing Ops and the Campaign leads of each business unit (B2B, B2C and Tutors) to define and scale a world-class foundation for email. You will represent email as a revenue-producing channel for the company, executing its initiatives and reporting on its contribution to pipeline and revenue generation.
What’s in it for you?
- It's a great opportunity for someone wanting to continue their skills in people management
- We provide access to high quality subscriptions from Reforge, Section4 and CXL so you can level up your marketing skills
- Room for you to provide insights and scope to change the game, all the foundations are in place and you will have both autonomy and room to improve your area of expertise
- If you want to escape winter or add an extra week in the sun onto your holiday, our hybrid working policy means you can work abroad for a short time.
The Day to Day
- Audit automated email sequence performance and develop a testing framework for improved performance in engagement, conversions and ultimately, revenue
- Collaborate with Engineering and Marketing Ops to ensure data pipelines and reporting are in place to conduct and report on effective email journey segmentations
- Develop a decision framework and calendar for how emails are prioritized on the calendar, including setting up timed triggers and exclusion windows based on past engagement
- Collaborate with stakeholders to maximize return through savvy audience targeting
- Increase key inputs to successful pipeline generation from email such as deliverability, open and click-through rates
- Adhere to best practices in email communications as they relate to data privacy
- Develop an intake process for Campaign leads’ email requests, execute email build and sends, then start automating it
- Establish clear guidelines for what defines a Marketing-led email versus a transactional, policy or other email
- Complete final email reviews with content creators to ensure typos and brand inconsistencies are caught
- Advise Campaign leads on the best strategy for email structure, images and calls to action
- Troubleshoot unexpected dips in email performance indicators, testing hypotheses for the why behind the metrics and taking actions to solve
- Partner with Marketing Ops and Revenue Ops to assemble and clean lists
- Partner with Product Marketing and Campaign leads to generate an AB testing framework for email long-term
Who will you be?
The ideal candidate is a natural leader with deep experience and passion for all things data, and for building out scalable processes and iterating quickly in ambiguity. This person excels at balancing strategic planning with execution and is very comfortable getting their hands dirty.
- Ideally you are able to work from our East London office 1-2 days a week
- 2+ years experience in Lifecycle or Email Marketing, with progressively increasing responsibility, complexity, and scale of work
- Experience working with SaaS companies
- Effective, clear, and concise communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to communicate the right level and tone of information to executives and cross-functional teams
- Strategic, structured thinker with strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Drive. Ability and passion to analyse, set priorities, and solve complex problems effectively and consistently
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Experience of driving cross-functional projects end-to-end. Ability to negotiate and influence priorities across organisations at all levels
- Results-driven self-starter with the ability to multitask. Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment with a “can do” attitude and growth mindset
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while dealing with ambiguity
- Strong sense of craftsmanship and detail-oriented with a knack for organisation
- A penchant for customer service, patience, and resourcefulness
- Ability to build emails and workflows in Hubspot and report out on their performance
- Experience with Salesforce and Outreach a plus
Perks & Benefits
- Salary of £45,000 to £55,000 p.a
- Flexible and hybrid-working culture with access to our London HQ, global co-working spaces
- A wide range of communities: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Pride Network, Women’s Network, Heritage Network and Neurodiversity Network
- Inclusive Policies that safeguard and enable LGBTQ+ staff to flourish
- Investment in your learning with a personal L&D budget of up to £350 (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Workplace nursery scheme
- Workplace pension
- Private Healthcare option through BUPA
- Enhanced parent policies
- Cycle, tech and gym schemes
- Mentor/mentee scheme
- Regular team events & socials
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- A culture that champions well-being with workshops and 1:1 coaching
- Competency and skills based interview with members of the hiring team
- A task and presentation related interview with members of the hiring team
- A Culture & Values Add interview where both parties can iron out any final questions with an external interviewer to the hiring team