🏆 What’s the opportunity?
At cargo.one, we have built a global digital platform for the distribution and booking of air cargo, an industry valued at over $110bn. We're transforming logistics by offering a rapidly growing user base of freight forwarders instantly bookable quotes from multiple, global airlines, making it the first booking platform of its kind.
We are a remote-first company, with Cargonauts based in multiple countries - the key to our growth is the culture we've built, based on personal growth, ownership and meaningful relationships.
Backed by well-known investors, including Index Ventures, Creandum, Point9, and Bessemer Venture Partners, we are growing rapidly as we expand on our mission to modernize the global air cargo industry.
We are looking for an outstanding CRM Marketing Manager for the demand-side of our marketplace - to build, own and scale touchpoints throughout the customer lifecycle of freight forwarders who book on cargo.one. You will help our freight forwarders experience the value ofcargo.one - with the ultimate goal of driving growth and retention.
You will roll up your sleeves to build the CRM function from the ground up - including user journeys, segmentation, marketing automation, technical implementation, and optimizing our marketing tech stack. You will be a strong individual contributor at the start, but will have an exciting trajectory to grow and scale CRM globally with direct reports.
⚠️ This position is remote. You can decide where you’d like to be based from this growing list of countries.
What you will be doing:
Build and own customer lifecycle marketing of cargo.one
- Conceptualize, wireframe and build end-to-end CRM marketing for users of cargo.one (freight forwarders) - focusing on activation, engagement, retention and re-win lifecycles - in partnership with the entire demand-side team.
- Create and architect lifecycle journeys customized by user personas, customer segments, behavioral triggers, markets (Europe, UK, North America, Asia), and use cases based on both a quantitative and qualitative understanding of our customers, value proposition and growth model.
- Constantly test and learn through CRM campaigns; develop hypotheses, run A/B tests and iterate on how best to activate customers and help them build habits on product usage - adoption and frequency of use.
- Partner with the larger demand-side marketing team to plan and execute CRM touchpoints for new launches (product, airline), newsletters, seasonal campaigns, and other strategic initiatives - ensuring excellent customer experience through prioritization and managing contact frequency.
- Analyze and report on past campaign performance, and identify areas for testing and improvement.
Own and develop the CRM marketing tech stack
- Expand existing (email, in-app messaging) and build new CRM channels (online & offline) so that we continually surprise and delight customers with effective and relevant touchpoints.
- Optimize use of our existing sales and marketing toolkit (HubSpot, Salesforce, Intercom), and manage a roadmap for a future marketing tech stack that meets requirements for a best-in-class CRM.
- Collaborate with sales, engineering and product teams to determine technical requirements to implement marketing automation functionality into our CRM channels.
- Be a center of excellence and subject-matter expert on email design, build, optimization, compliance and strategic best practices/tactics.
What you'll need to succeed:
- 4+ years of CRM and/or marketing automation experience in a fast-paced, high performance environment - either in a tech organization or CRM agency.
- A passion for great CRM marketing and strong empathy for customers and their experience.
- Experience building and managing email and automation processes/workflows from scratch that scale - particularly with HubSpot, Salesforce and similar tools.
- Experience with CRM channels other than email (in-app, direct mail, SMS, push) is a plus.
- You are a strong individual contributor biased towards action: you are eager to get hands-on in execution, building automation and customer journeys, setting up tests, segmenting data, and analyzing performance.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders across the organization (marketing, engineering, product, sales, partnerships).
- You have the ability to adapt to change, resolve ambiguity and think on your feet. You can drive action oriented decisions quickly.
- A strong understanding of email strategies and tactics as it relates to each stage of the customer lifecycle and able to effectively identify actionable messaging opportunities.
- Experience working with list management and CRM operations - managing email frequency, list hygiene, engagement optimization tactics, and compliance requirements (ie: GDPR, CCPL).