Betterment for Business is a 401(k) service built from the ground up with the needs of the modern employee in mind. It's selected by employers who want to offer their employees tailored and smart financial advice that will help them create a more secure future. Betterment for Business is powered by Betterment's proprietary, smart technology that automates and optimizes asset allocation to enhance financial wellness. As a fiduciary that is independent of the funds it invests in, Betterment believes that everyone has the fundamental right to expert financial advice. In addition to the core investing services, Betterment’s platform includes a cash management suite which offers a checking account, debit card, and high-yield account. Headquartered in New York City and created by the largest independent robo-advisor, Betterment for Business is used by leading employers like Casper and Boxed. For more information, visit www.betterment.com/401k.
401(k) plan administration services provided by Betterment for Business LLC. Investment advice to plans and plan participants provided by Betterment LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser. Brokerage services provided to clients of Betterment LLC by Betterment Securities, an SEC registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/SIPC. Betterment LLC and Betterment Securities are affiliates of Betterment for Business LLC.
About the Role:
Betterment is looking for a B2B digital marketer with a passion for creating impactful and personalized user experiences through email, push notifications, in-app messaging, and other marketing channels. The role will be the first dedicated Betterment for Business (B4B) customer marketing hire to join the CRM team and will have the opportunity to lead and execute a CRM strategy in order to drive business outcomes. The right candidate is resourceful, data-driven, has an extreme eye for detail, and is an effective communicator for both internal and external audiences.
As our Lifecycle Marketing Manager, B4B, you will be responsible for effectively marketing our 401(k) product to both employers and employees–working closely with creative, sales, customer success, analytics, and product teams. You will create and manage new ad hoc and lifecycle campaigns for B4B in order to grow and retain 401(k) plans, drive deeper engagement and participation, and cross-sell. Our goal is to bring more employers and their employees into Betterment and set them up for financial success.
This role is remote eligible. Colorado has an annual starting salary of $90,000, a competitive equity package, health, dental and vision benefits, and a 401(k) offering. This job may also be eligible for variable compensation in the form of an incentive bonus. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
A Day in the Life:
- Manage, create, and execute a CRM strategy for 401(k) employers, advisors, prospects, and employees
- Drive deeper engagement with employers and employees to improve 401(k) adoption, participation, and deferral rates
- Develop and A/B test new targeted and personalized ad hoc and automated/lifecycle campaigns (email, push, in-app messaging) in our CRM platforms
- Track and report on key metrics, optimizing to improve results
- Collaborate with marketing teams, copywriters, and designers to create new messages offering recommendations, content, special offers and education about Betterment’s 401(k) product
- Partner with internal experts to ensure that B4B is positioning itself as a leading 401(k) provider to our customers, through campaigns that offer insights and updates around retirement legislation, send investment reports on a regular basis, etc.
- Perform rigorous quality assurance testing and proofing to ensure there are no errors
- Monitor the system daily and fix problems as they crop up, occasionally working with engineering teams to solve these problems
- Implement new processes between B4B CRM and cross-functional teams (marketing, product, engineering, creative, etc.)
What We’re Looking For:
- Email marketing experience (segmentation, drip/lead nurture campaigns, personalization, testing and optimization, UTM tracking, reporting)
- Basic HTML knowledge
- B2B experience (B2B2C a huge plus!)
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively about how to approach problems
- Understanding of the customer voice and customer needs
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when working cross functionally or with senior leadership
- Willingness to learn how to use new tools and develop new skills as needed
- Prior experience working with CDPs, ESPs, marketing automation tools (e.g. Braze, Hubspot, Pardot, etc)
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience at a technology and/or SaaS company a plus
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.
Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.