CRM Marketing Manager
Atlanta, GA and Remote (United States Only)
Who We Are:
At Bark, we’re on a mission to keep children safer online and in real life -- at home and at school. We use cutting-edge machine-learning technology to detect issues like cyberbullying, sexting, grooming, and signs of depression and suicidal thoughts. Learn more at bark.us.
Bark is looking for a CRM Marketing Manager to join our team to help us drive growth with email, push, SMS, and other communication channels across our product. You will build out a new Communications function tasked with improving, building, and optimizing our automated workflows, architecture, and processes. Ultimately your goal will be to lead customers through a personalized journey that drives healthy habits and revenue generating activity.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field or equivalent experience. MBA or graduate level degree is a plus.
- 5+ years experience in lifecycle marketing, communications, and/ or customer experience
- Relentless focus on the needs of customers, what they are searching for, and the ability to adjust marketing strategies to increase customer acquisition
- Proven track record of owning and growing new marketing efforts.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success. Preferred to have experience with Segment and Amplitude.
- Deep and abiding love for figuring out how things work, then relentlessly testing and optimizing to drive desired outcomes.
- Creative and technically inclined with a bias for scaling programs through algorithmic and automated solutions.
- Proactive, resourceful, and self-directed.
- Experience managing and driving multiple sophisticated campaigns and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can work quickly and efficiently, while juggling competing priorities
- Some nights and weekends required
- Optimistic and empathetic, enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
- Own the overall comms strategy from end to end. Partner with Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success to design and implement workflows, campaigns, and creative templates for a personalized customer journey.
- Work with the VP of Marketing to design and implement roadmaps to hit Bark’s aggressive growth goals.
- Lead the team through rapid experimentation of our email, push, and sms campaigns that lead to additional revenue opportunities with new and existing users.
- Regularly build and maintain analysis of our comms efforts using internal analytics tools including Iterable, Amplitude, and Segment.
- Work with the Engineering team and VP of Marketing to migrate legacy communications over to Iterable, under one roof.
- Collaborate with marketing stakeholders on lead magnets that leverage drip campaigns as an opportunity for top of the funnel growth.
- Partnering with content marketers, stage monthly content plans for our email newsletter and other social initiatives.
- QA creative work and provide constructive feedback to the team around design and copy for any communications that are customer facing.
- Coordinate with Bark’s Schools team to create and send targeted sales campaigns.
- Analyze the Schools team communication efforts and suggest ways in which they can improve outbound and inbound programs.
- Develop weekly reports in Asana, creating transparency between the team and ongoing comms efforts.
- Work with the creative team and content marketers to integrate and align brand strategy in all of our emails, push, and sms campaigns.
- Build and manage creative briefs needed for any comms initiative.
- Regularly organize templates, campaigns, and workflows inside of the Iterable platform.
- Keep track of all tasks, milestones, and projects as it relates to the Comms program.
- Regularly work with Engineering and Analytics to improve our data and conversion tracking.
- Keep up with industry trends as it relates to multi-channel communications and apply those learnings to your comms efforts here at Bark.
- From time to time, support other related growth efforts.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Equity stake in Bark
- Trust-based Paid Time Off Policy
- Paid sick time
- Benefits provided by Justworks. (We partner with Justworks, a Professional Employer Organization (PEO), to offer benefits packages for employees and their families.)
- Healthcare Support
- On-Demand Primary Care
- Online Mental Health Therapy
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Voluntary Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
Submit resume and application on BambooHR.
Bark is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We recognize people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
New York City