Are you looking for an opportunity to deliver big on retention campaigns and automation? Do you thrive in busy environments that challenge and push you to the next level? Are you looking to make 2023 a year for massive impact? If so, you might be interested in our CRM Manager role based within our customer focused Marketing team!
Package: £50k DOE with excellent benefits including 25 holiday days (plus your birthday off), Paid day off for charity work, Group life assurance, private medical insurance, and pet insurance discount.
We are flexible on the location of this role, it can be based remotely within the UK, hybrid or based within our Amesbury office- Whatever suits you best!
What you`ll get up to as a CRM Manager
Our CRM Manager will work closely with the Head of Content and Comms and CMO to develop informed CRM initiatives using data analytics and insights together with an understanding of customer LTV.
We are looking for someone with a technical mind and a passion for customer-led marketing as this role will be instrumental in shaping and delivering enhanced targeted customer communications to drive cost savings, business process efficiencies and grow customer advocacy and loyalty.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Dynamics (ideally), building automated campaigns with an understanding of API’s.
- Experience of driving and implementing successful retention strategies.
- Data literate with an understanding of the customer and key customer journeys
- Proven experience in driving and exceeding revenue benefits and delivering improved customer LTV.
- Proven experience of leading significant changes in a business environment, either implementing new tools or software.
- Previous experience of using a CRM system for automated marketing campaigns.
- Ability to construct and present compelling and detailed business cases, clearly stating strategic objectives, ROI and business benefit.
- Previous experience of working within a regulated environment, working with compliance and a good understanding of marketing legislation
What Animal Friends is all about!
Animal Friends has grown to become not only an award-winning business but one of the largest pet insurance providers in the UK, with over 450 colleagues helping us to look after over 1 million pets, offering cover for cats, dogs and horses.
A large part of our success is due to our company values which are the foundation of how we work, we are courageous by continually looking for new ways to innovate our customers experience and the pet insurance industry. We are kind-hearted with animal welfare being important to us, we donate and support over 700 charities and conservancies across the UK and worldwide, to date, we have donated over £7.8 million. And we are passionate about the support we provide to our customers helping them care for their pets.
Benefits of working with Animal Friends
We recognise that your hard work shouldn`t come without its perks, so here`s a little list of some of the things you can expect to get from us:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and we give you your birthday off
- Fully paid day off for charity work
- 95% of our employee’s own pets, we’re able to provide up to 50% off insurance along with free access to our Vet consultation app JOII
- We believe looking after employees’ health is important, so we offer discount on gym membership, access to a Wellbeing hub and a health care cash plan / private medical insurance and Group life assurance
- We like to celebrate success and recognise excellent employee performance; we will donate £3k to the charity of our employee of the quarter’s choice
- Most importantly, you`ll be working within a courageous, passionate and kind-hearted team
Animal Friends Pet Insurance Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, nationalities, disabilities, religions, and sexual orientations. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
We offer accessibility help with application forms which is available via the jobs page of our website.
As an FCA regulated business, we require successful applicants to clear our pre-employment screening process which includes a credit check and references checks. Under the latest UK Right to Work regulations, we will require successful applicants to evidence their right to work in the UK, either in person, online, or digitally via a third party subject to circumstances.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled rather than the advertised closing date. Interviews will take place throughout this period; therefore, we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.