In 2019, immigrants worldwide sent over $550 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Sendwave's mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed diaspora members from several African nations - and more recently Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We are looking to rapidly expand around the world in the next year. That's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
This role requires at least 3 years of experience with CRMs, working in fast paced environments.
In your first few months, you'll:
- Work hand in hand with with our PMM, Engagement Team, and Market Launchers to scale growth efforts through CRM campaigns.
- Strategise, execute, evaluate, and iterate CRM campaigns that support our team and company priorities, including ad hoc user communication for different departments.
- Ensure all emails and mobile messaging is on-brand and maintain below average unsubscribe rates, abuse rates and other negative indicators while maintaining high open rates, click rates, and conversions
- Collaborate with Product Team to iterate on our onboarding experience for users new to the app
- Design ways to continue to engage with longterm users and build brand loyalty
- Build and test new ways to scale our growth teams efforts using CRM
- Manage our website
- Location: Our company is 100% remote. You can be based anywhere in the the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Belgium, Kenya, or Senegal.
- Compensation: Worldwide: $82,400 | US: $103,000
- Major benefits:
- Subsidized health insurance and retirement contribution matching (both vary from country-to-country)
- 26 weeks fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimumrequirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
- Permanent Contract
- At least 3 years of experience with CRM tools and strategies
- Experience working across the whole CRM spectrum, from strategizing and designing campaigns up to creating, launching and monitoring them
- Familiarity with SQL
- Ability to create campaign templates in HTML
- Sufficient copywriting skills to launch campaigns autonomously when needed
- Fluent in English
You might be a good fit if you
- Are a self-starter, take initiative, self-manage and require little day-to-day direction to be successful
- Take responsibility for the outcomes of your core duties
- Are passionate about achieving Sendwave's mission and are excited at the prospect of lowering remittance costs for diaspora communities.
- Are data-driven and able to design new campaigns and strategies to execute business priorities and campaign optimizations
- Are constantly looking to A/B test new ideas and improve existing strategies
- Possess strong communication and design skills so you can create campaigns that are both visual appealing and persuasive
- Are able to work autonomously with initiative and collaboratively
Bonus points if you
- Are familiar with the diaspora communities we serve.
- Have significant experience using CRM platforms, preferably Braze, from implementing user events and attributes to building onboarding canvas, advertising campaigns using email, push-notifs, in-app messages, and SMS
- Have a strong understanding of cross-channel marketing and how to best build campaigns to reach users on the channels best for them, not just in terms of strategy but also in execution
- Are proficient in SQL and can create unique cohorts, segment users, and dig deeper into campaign results
- Speak French, Italian, or Spanish (in addition to English)
- Our team of over 200 employees are fully distributed across the world— working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga , moonlight as YouTube influencers, are former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili and Wolof.
- We recently joined forces with WorldRemit, another remittance company, and we’re excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.