BBC iPlayer is one of the UK’s most recognised entertainment brands and recently achieved a record-breaking high with 4.8 billion streaming requests. It brings audiences the latest and greatest live and on-demand TV across web, mobile app and connected smart TV.
We’re looking for a talented CRM Coordinator to join our expanding Direct Audience Engagement Team.
The campaigns you'll be working on will regularly reach millions of users and help drive deeper engagement with iPlayer by helping our audiences discover the best programmes for them through personalised content suggestions. You’ll get to profile and target using an enviable data set of identity, behavioural and content affinity targeting options, and use dynamic publishing to personalise content suggestions via email, mobile app push notifications and paid social advertising.
This role is also very creative, as you’ll be writing copy, choosing imagery and helping design engaging animations.
Ideally, you’ll have some email marketing experience and a huge willingness to develop your wider CRM, multi-channel and database marketing skillset to the next level. Good organisation is key as you’ll be working in a hectic and fast-paced environment, balancing lots of different campaigns and working with many teams across the BBC.
If this is all ticking your boxes, we have a brilliant CRM Coordinator position for you.
- Use Salesforce Marketing Cloud to build, target, test and deploy end-to-end email and push notification campaigns
- Research and curate newsletters, building a deep knowledge of the content available on BBC iPlayer
- Use diverse data sets and scoring models for list segmentation, audience profiling and contact targeting with AMPscript
- Create and build audiences from 1 st party data to support paid social campaigns
- Write copy, choose/edit images and design image transition animations
- Help produce campaign performance reports and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Assist with wider team administration duties from time to time
- Work with internal stakeholders across marketing, editorial, product and production teams to request assets
Are you the right candidate?
- A willingness to learn about databases, a major part of the role involves dicing and slicing our database, using diverse data sets for segmentation and contact targeting
- Good attention to detail is essential, proofreading and QA are major components of the role
- It is essential that you can write clear, succinct and engaging copy for email
- You will also possess at least basic HTML coding skills, enabling you to populate email templates and make minor amends
- Some Photoshop experience desirable as you will be cropping and resizing images on a daily basis
- You have experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (or similar email deployment tool e.g. Adobe Campaign)
- You are organised, with the ability to think and plan ahead, updating and maintaining a campaign calendar
- Familiar with Excel as you will be recording and comparing results and devising A/B testing plans
- Interest in the BBC and good knowledge of its product propositions would be very helpful
- You’ll need a good level of general knowledge, be interested in the latest cultural and current affairs and have a demonstrable interest in the media, sport, entertainment and current affairs
- Willing to travel to the BBC Manchester every now and again
Contract type: 2 x Permanent Contract
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application . There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.