Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together to elevate the state of play. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Our flagship product, Aim Lab, is a personalized training platform that helps gamers learn about their strengths and weaknesses and train for the games they love. Aim Lab also has official partnerships with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Riot, Twitch, Ubisoft, Xbox, and more!
Aim Lab has over 20 million players around the world and is available for free on Steam. Our latest release, Aim Lab Mobile, is available for free for both Android and iOS devices in the Google Play store and Apple App store.
Do you have a non-traditional background? Have you ever been described as weird? Do you have an underdog mentality? If so, welcome home, we’d love for you to join our team!
We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule. The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to.”
We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
Our benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
The Marketing Team at Statespace Labs is a newly formed squad, serving as the connective tissue between our products and players. As a young org, we care just as much about creating an awesome trailer as we do about building clear and efficient processes, moving cross-functional teams in the same direction to better communicate with our players and meet their needs. We’re a tight-knit group that leaves our egos behind, caring for our players, partners, and each other to execute our work well and in a genuine voice. While we draw from past experience and leverage data to develop robust marketing campaigns, we aren’t afraid to take risks and try new ideas to innovate in how we go to market.
Who We're Looking For
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of email and push marketing, planning and executing both ad hoc and triggered campaigns for engagement, retention, and reacquisition initiatives. They have experience working cross-functionally to drive personalization and value for customers, implementing tests and using data to optimize marketing efforts.
- Manage the creation and execution of personalized, multi-channel CRM campaigns (email, push, in-game/in-app) across multiple products, and drive optimizations to channel strategies, content, and player journeys
- Collaborate with Data & Analytics and Product teams to create robust audience segmentation strategies to optimize engagement, retention, and monetization
- Identify KPIs for engagement, retention, and lifetime value; track, report, and improve upon performance metrics of individual campaigns
- Structure A/B and/or multivariate tests to optimize campaigns and develop a testing strategy for channel and audience metrics
- With Data & Analytics, develop player identity solutions to better understand, find, and communicate with our players through each phase of their user journey
- Hands-on experience building segmented user journeys and email templates, and deploying emails in Braze (preferred), Salesforce, or a similar platform
- Building campaigns that contact users via in-game/in-app messaging, push notifications, etc
- Developing, executing, and reporting A/B and/or multivariate tests
- Looker or other reporting tools
- Presenting to internal/external partners and leadership
- 3-5 years CRM lifecycle marketing experience (gaming or eCommerce/subscription experience preferred)
- Comfortable working with HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of email and push standard methodologies and deliverability
- Deep passion for and understanding of video games and eSports, particularly in the FPS and/or MOBA genres
- Positive, humble, and eager to learn and support your team
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and effective communicator
- Creative problem solver, be it campaign optimizations or building new processes
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k plan + employer match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision contributions up to 100%
- FSA + DCA
- Employer-paid life insurance & LTD
- 12-week paid leave for new parents
We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. You will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.
This job may be performed remotely from anywhere in the United states, except that this job may not be filled or performed in Colorado.