Reports to:Deputy Director of Zinc Collective’s Partner Engagement
Status: Exempt, Full Time
Salary:$85,000 - $95,000 annually, based on experience
Benefits:Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, Tech Stipend and 401k for eligible employees
Covid 19: Vaccination or Approved Accommodation Required
We Elect Democrats!
Zinc Collective’s (ZC) mission is to help deliver persistent Democratic majorities. We focus on running and funding programs, primarily at the federal level (House, Senate, Presidential) that retain and recruit talent and/or address infrastructure gaps across Democratic politics. Our three core organizations areDigiDems, which embeds technology staff on competitive campaigns to help them win, Blue Leadership Collaborative, which creates the diverse campaign talent pipeline necessary to building Democratic majorities, and Zinc Labs, which focuses on pilots that address talent and infrastructure gaps.
Launched in 2018, Zinc Collective is a fast paced, collaborative organization that is more akin to a startup. The team is data driven, solution oriented, passionate about the mission, and obsessed with delivering both high quality programs and continuous improvement.
In 2023 and beyond, Zinc Collective will continue to invest in talent and infrastructure gaps, aimed at ensuring that the Democratic ecosystem has what it needs to win.
Zinc Collective is currently seeking a CRM Managerto join our diverse and high performing team. Reporting to Zinc Collective’s Deputy Director of Partner Engagement, theCRM Manager will work to track all interactions at Zinc Collective, including those of DigiDems, Blue Leadership Collaborative, and Zinc Labs, and establish organization-wide procedures and habits that will produce, facilitate, and maintain an internal commitment to data integrity.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience in CRM Management, is passionate about Democratic politics, and is eager to use their skills to affect change in the Democratic space. Occasional travel may be required.
The CRM Managerwill be part of a pro-active, strategic team (including the Deputy Director of Partner Engagement and our newMarketing Manager) that works together to create opportunities and actively move friends and observers of Zinc Collective up the ladder of engagement and toward active support of Zinc Collective’s staff and mission. The CRM Managerassists the Deputy Director of Partner Engagementwith careful, deliberate, and strategic practices to help the entire organization maintain both optimal use and data integrity.
The breadth of activity, number of internal and external partners, and fast pace of the role will require an understanding of both politics and best business practices, as well as strong process development, project management, interpersonal, business intelligence, and analytical skills. As stated, this position reports directly to the Deputy Director of Partner Engagementand will work closely with the new Marketing Manageras well as staff across all areas of Zinc Collective.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
An ideal candidate will understand how to best leverage HubSpot for Zinc Collective’s unique needs within the first 90 days on the job. They will also:
- Act as the primary administrator of HubSpot including the creation and maintenance of workflows, custom fields, reports, dashboard development, and data flow management
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in database management
- Create a system of checks, reports, and accountability to move these processes and best practices into org-wide habits that are introduced upon hiring and maintained throughout employment
- Develop organization-wide strategies and procedures that will help facilitate and maintain data integrity across the organization
- Develop a HubSpot training program for all Zinc Collective staff that will involve webinars and self-help materials
- Own and execute all company needs for our CRM (HubSpot), including pulling lists for various projects and correspondence, uploading data, etc.
- Provide regular hard reports on the health of the CRM including benchmarks, progress to goal reports, and others as requested by leadership
- Use tools in HubSpot to ensure our branding is consistent throughout the organization, including but not limited to the ability to email groups directly through hubspot
- Manage meetings and track day-to-day execution of ongoing programs
- Work with the Deputy Director of Partner Engagement to develop strategies that continually renew and improve Zinc Collective’s commitment to both HubSpot and data integrity
- Work with the Deputy Director of Partner Engagement to educate and motivate staff members to more actively engage with HubSpot
- Work with our Marketing Manager to develop a process for list management and make sure all communications are tracked diligently in HubSpot
- Provide leadership with regularly scheduled data-driven evaluations of our progress.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Strong HubSpot experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in CRM segmentation, outreach management, direct marketing, offer management, data aggregation, and email marketing
- Expertise in integrated digital marketing campaign planning
- An Analytical and data driven approach
- Experience working with growing data sets and excel
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions on rational reasoning
- Hands on experience in email campaign delivery, set up, and analytics
- Proven ability to master and learn processes and platforms quickly
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- A reputation as a self-starter who has a passion for processes and technical tools
- A collaborative work ethic and understanding that partnership with stakeholders at all levels is key
- Ability to move fast, in an often ambiguous and fluid environment
- Comfort developing strategy and communicating that strategy across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to conduct in-depth performance analysis in partnership with the Marketing Team while also developing a deep understanding of the organizational relationships.
- Demonstrated deadline-oriented work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to hold people accountable outside their line of supervision
- Strong sense of importance of data integrity
- Ability to juggle multiple incoming requests from multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record of being a team player
- Persuasive skills to win people over to the importance of CRM management in the face of many competing priorities
- Ability to develop and maintain a training calendar across multiple orgs and programs
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of all levels of and organization and all levels of experience as they constructively build and/or add to the team spirit of an organization
- Ability to manage a project through day-to-day requirements, duties, and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment without losing accuracy or attention to detail
- Experience in marketing goal development, tracking, and analytics.
- Experience using HubSpot to its full potential to facilitate strong customer and online relationships—as well as experience teaching others to do so
- Experience organizing tasks, documents and materials with efficiency and accuracy
- Experience managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Comfort owning a variety of deliverables, working independently, hitting deadlines, and being held accountable
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty.
- Comfort navigating complex organizational systems
THE MOST COMPETITIVE APPLICANTS WILL DEMONSTRATE SOME OF THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated success with HubSpot
- Solid written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience both inside and outside of politics
- History of being a self-starter who can lead independently and proactively
- History of strong problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Familiarity with the landscape of Democratic campaigns, committees, and partners
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively
- Experience working remotely
- Alignment with and excitement about Zinc Collective’s mission to work toward consistent Democratic majorities
DigiDems, Blue Leadership Collaborative, Zinc Labs, and Zinc Collective provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, hair texture, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, and strongly encourages women, LGBTQIA+, BIPOC and all qualified candidates to apply.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.