We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of ecommerce and AI technology. Our data-driven, customer-focused services and products will help 90 million Americans turn their lawn into verdant and sustainable ecosystems. (Think custom meal kits for lawns, minus all the tedious chopping!)
We are backed by a group of experienced investors and advisors, and now we are looking for the right people to join our core team. Together, we will disrupt an industry by building cutting-edge greenfield products that help people and the environment.
If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the !
The CRM Manager will help manage Sunday’s growth and customer retention communication strategy primarily through email marketing, site, and other owned channels. They will own the content messaging strategy across various cohorts to drive sales, engagement, retention, and loyalty behavior across Sunday subscription products. This person will help manage our email program from ideation and calendar planning to post-send analytics. This involves partnering closely with multiple departments to develop creative briefs, set up/QA/deploy email campaigns and flows, testing and optimizing, and project management of CRM initiatives. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, is data-driven, customer-centric, and thrives in a fast-paced environment and startup culture. This role reports to the Head of CRM.
Some of the general responsibilities of the Manager of CRM include:
- Own the customer communication strategy for Sunday, primarily through email marketing to start
- Manage and create compelling brand campaigns and automated flows that drive customer engagement, first time purchases, retention, LTV, loyalty, and reactivations
- Project manage CRM initiatives, including Sunday promotions, launches, segmentation tests, and personalization
- Identify A/B testing opportunities, execute, and analyze results
- Track and report on relevant KPIs, building dashboards to track the success of key initiatives and using data to inform the go-forward strategy
- Work cross-functionally with the broader Sunday marketing team, including science, creative, growth, analytics, CS/CX, and engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a retention, CRM, email marketing role or equivalent data-driven role at a high-growth startup, large CPG/retail/subscription company, or management consulting firm
- Data-driven and analytical; strong Excel skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excitement for learning, improving, and iterating on feedback
- Team-player, hard-working, organized, and goal-oriented
- Excitement for start-ups and building from the ground up
Other Skills And Qualifications
- Startup and/or subscription model e-commerce experience
- Basic understanding of event/user property management within email service providers and how to leverage that data for personalized communication
- Independent worker - able to manage assigned projects and run with them
- Experience with Klaviyo, Braze, Iterable or other ESPs
- HTML / CSS coding experience
- Knowledge of analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Looker
- Be a core member of a small, fast-moving team
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 99%; spouse/family 50%
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) program
- Located in LA, California / Partial Remote Option
As a company rooted in nature, we deeply understand the benefits of diversity. We work to build a culture that attracts a diverse mix of talented people to help us bring lawn care out of the dark ages. We are committed to building a diverse, vibrant team that brings determination and passion to our work everyday.