Rakuten Kobo Inc. is looking for a CRM Marketing Manager to join our CRM team! The CRM team is focused on customer marketing strategies to deepen customer relationships globally and increase engagement across the entire customer lifecycle.
The CRM Marketing Manager will play an essential role in creating and delivering effective campaigns and programs that support strategic business goals and demonstrate Kobo’s CRM practice as a world-class centre of excellence.
Reporting into the Director, CRM and Loyalty, the CRM Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and leading the strategies to support customer engagement. They will create, implement, and optimize the Activation, Lifecycle, Retention, and Winback campaigns delivered via email marketing, push messaging, and other channels to reach customers. The CRM Marketing Manager will have broad exposure to various areas within Kobo and will work cross-functionally with key teams in the execution process such as Big Data & Analytics, Merchandising, Creative, Marketing Production, and R&D.
This position will be an important contributor to the team’s ability to achieve KPI targets using highly personalized, targeted, and relevant customer communications which are critical to driving conversion, revenue, profitability, and customer lifetime value for Kobo.
- You have a proven track record for success in building email and push campaigns that increase engagement and conversion
- You are excited about data and building campaigns and programs that improve KPIs and solve customer problems
- You have a keen attention to detail and are action-oriented, working and leading your team
- You are a strong collaborator and team player who has experience working cross functionally with many other departments
- You are a trusted leader in your current role. You are calm, collected and decisive in your decisions.
- You continually stay informed of the latest developments in privacy regulations, email and push best practices and benchmarks
- Plan and manage CRM campaigns on both email and push to increase customer engagement
- Work on a team and collaborate across departments with content sales, big data, creative, marketing production, product and R&D to execute campaigns and solve problems
- Create a prioritized plan of action to hit core objectives including developing operating plans, business cases, and estimated ROI
- Lead and manage a team of 2 direct reports to deliver on plans
- Leverage advanced analytics to regularly assess campaign performance, provide campaign analysis and insights, and recommend tactics to optimize campaigns and increase conversion
- Deliver new initiatives through the entire campaign process, from initiation to implementation including:
- Writing and delivering creative briefs
- Working through campaign execution details with production
- Coordinating with production to resolve testing/QA issues
- Coordinating the review and approval process across teams
- Understand privacy, accessibility and creative guidelines and rules around communication to help ensure all materials adhere to standards
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current email and push marketing best practices
- 3-5 years experience in B2C marketing, ideally in e-commerce or consumer technology – focused on developing and delivering email and push marketing campaigns that increase customer engagement, with ongoing evaluation and refinement to improve performance
- Strong analytical and data-driven marketing techniques and proven experience utilizing personalization, segmentation and A/B testing
- People management experience, leading a small team of direct reports
- Experience working collaboratively with creative, email development teams, product, R&D and analytics to deliver quality campaigns and programs
- Highly detail-oriented with strong project management and communication skills – proven ability to own and execute on several projects at once and deliver results
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral presentation
- Creative, curious, and critical thinker, constantly searching for and tapping into new opportunities to impact and achieve success metrics and KPI targets
- Experience with data analytics platforms (ex. Google Analytics, Tableau) and with B2C marketing automation platforms (ex. Oracle Responsys, Salesforce Marketing cloud, etc.)
- Flexible and remote working environment
- Full benefits starting from your first day
- Paid Volunteer days, unlimited sick days, and 3% RRSP matching
- Monthly commuting allowance
- Flexible health spending account
- Talent and development training budget
- Free Kobo device + free weekly e-book or audiobook
- Frequent Lunch and Learns Author series
- Weekly Kobo Tech University sessions
- Weekly trivia happy hours (Thirsty Thursdays, as we like to call it)
- Maternity/paternity leave top up
Here at Rakuten Kobo Inc. we offer a casual working start-up environment and a group of friendly and talented individuals. Our employees rank us highly in terms of commitment to work/life balance. We realize that for our people to be innovative, creative and passionate they need to have healthy minds and bodies. We believe in rewarding all our employees with competitive salaries, performance based annual bonuses, stock options and training opportunities.
If you’re looking for a company that inspires passion, personal, and professional growth– join Kobo and come help us make reading lives better.
About Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Owned by Tokyo-based Rakuten and headquartered in Toronto, Rakuten Kobo Inc. is one of the most advanced global ecommerce companies, with the world’s most innovative eReading services offering more than 6 million eBooks and audiobooks to 30 million + customers in 190 countries. Kobo delivers the best digital reading experience through creative innovation, award-winning eReaders, and top-ranking mobile apps. Kobo is a part of the Rakuten group of companies.
Rakuten Kobo Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in the selection process are available on request. Any information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Rakuten Kobo would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role however only qualified candidates will be shortlisted