CRM Manager, Advocacy & Mobilization
Digital Impact Team
Years of Experience: 5 +
Patagonia requires all employees to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
As Activism CRM Manager, you will work from ideation to execution on shaping an innovative ladder of engagement that mobilizes our customer and activist community to help save our home planet, while maximizing impact for our grantees and core policy priorities. In the ideation stage, you will analyze past performance, establish benchmarks and look ahead to future Activism initiatives, and collaborate with creative partners to develop strategies.
You will work directly in our ESP and digital advocacy tool interfaces to create those journeys, working with IT and development partners as needed. You will build out reporting and segmentation utilizing our activist data set to help understand the efficacy of messaging, as well as advocacy and engagement patterns in activists across story-telling, category business units, Patagonia Action Works and Customer Insights.
What You’ll Do
- Understand the lifecycle framework, define target audiences, and develop corresponding communication strategies across multiple channels.
- Identify and apply best practices to measure, analyze, test and determine new opportunities and provide recommendations for improved activist experiences. Optimize performance through A/B testing and partner with performance marketing to deliver results and make program improvements.
- Consult with other regions and business units on best practices for email automation and omni-channel customer journeys.
- Collaborate with Patagonia Action Works and Marketing teams to create, launch, and maintain cross-channel and cross-department journeys.
- Support campaign partnerships with key business partners including Environmental and Communications + Policy and Creative teams to develop, execute and optimize a program that promotes awareness, mobilization and advocacy.
- Scope, manage, and onboard vendor relationships, identifying the latest email, SMS, digital advocacy and/or automation technologies.
- Set up and manage email data integrations in collaboration with Web Development and IT teams.
- Manage automated and transactional emails in ESP including setup and deployment.
- Build and present reports and dashboards in Tableau showing efficacy of automations, activist engagement, and cross channel behavioral insights.
- Patagonia Action Works specific program support as needed for grantee engagement analysis, grantee data set update cycle and integrations with Environmental grantee management system.
- Support Digital Impact team’s functions as needed.
Who You Are
- Environmentalist – you’re passionate about saving our home planet and building on our base of loyal activists that feel the same way
- Strong communicator – you are able to keep other teams updated on the status of cross-functional projects, you work well with multiple stakeholders, and like giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Data-savvy– you enjoy looking at complex data sets to tell a cohesive and unbiased story, you enjoy tracking the efficacy of omni-channel journeys and have a passion for driving results
- Detail oriented – you are prepared to get in the weeds to ensure emails and journeys are properly QA’d before deployment
- Thought leader – you are up to date in latest email and CRM technologies and desire to always be a student of advocacy and marketing strategy
- A self-starter with strong organization skills, is collaborative with team members, and has strong interpersonal skills
- Self-reflective- Acknowledge own's experience and experiences of other
- Inclusive- Experience working with groups across difference in respectful and equitable ways
Experience You Bring
- years managing public-facing, omni-channel digital user journeys within a major company, advocacy organization, or agency
- 5+ years in a digital marketing capacity with focused on audience development and email
- Strong experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Klaviyo, or other leading ESPs
- Added experience with SMS clients is a plus
- Strong attention to detail required to QA emails and deploy emails effectively
- Ability to manage multiple projects end-to-end to meet objectives and deadlines
- Ability to work late when necessary to ensure emails are set for on-time deployment
- Strong Excel skills (VLOOKUP, INDEX, IFS, Pivot Tables); basic knowledge of HTML and dynamic elements in email
- Experience with web analytic software such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and UTM tracking codes
- Experience using Python (Pandas) or R to manipulate data is a plus
- Preferred familiarity and strategic experience with digital advocacy tools such as Phone2Action, EveryAction, Mobilize, etc.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred professional background in digital marketing, communications, public affairs, environmental advocacy and/or political campaigns
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive, inclusive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Patagonia requires all employees who enter a Patagonia owned or operated facility or who physically interact with others as part of their job duties to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or medical reasons.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.