We are looking for an ambitious Marketing Operations Manager or CRM Manager with proven results driving marketing and commercial programmes and campaigns in high-growth Fintech or SaaS companies.
The role 👋
- Oversee and implement all marketing technical initiatives across multiple marketing technology (MarTech)platforms and formats, to drive engagement, leads, sales, and positive customers interaction.
- Be highly analytical and can quickly learn and use technology to drive marketing efforts: from being a wizard on spreadsheets, setting lead generation workflows in our marketing automation platform, configuring sales dashboards in our CRM, and connecting the systems so data flows seamlessly.
- Working closely with our MarTech, Engineering,Customer Experience, and Product teams, you will own the end-to-end technical process from prospect to customer on a marketing perspective, guaranteeing that all systems are properly integrated, performance can be reported, and customers have an amazing experience.
- Own OakNorth’s MarTech stack: strategic, technical, and hands-on implementation of the multiple platforms, working closely with internal teams and external agencies.
- Support the timely delivery of marketing campaigns, controls and evaluates programmes on-going performance, and by aligning with sales to guarantee maximum ROI.
- Ensure effective stakeholder management:communication and training with the sales teams and other company environments.
- Create hypothesis, test, measure, optimise, and reports on activities performance on a regular basis.
Ideally, you will have 🥳
- Experience in a Marketing Operations role in high growth companies, preferentially in FinTech or SaaS environments.
- Strong working knowledge of different CMS, marketing automation, CRM, and reporting tools.
- Experience in WordPress, HubSpot, SalesForce, and Google Analytics are a strong advantage
How we expect you to work 👷♀️
- We expect you to work in these ways, as well as encouraging and enabling these practices from others:
- Collaborate 💬 - We work in cross-functional, mission driven, autonomous squads that gel over time. We pair program to work better through shared experience and knowledge
- Focus on outcomes over outputs ✅ - Solving a problem for users that translates to business results is our goal. Measurements focused on that goal help us to understand if we are succeeding
- Practice continuous improvement 💡 - We optimise for feedback now, rather than presume what might be needed in the future and introduce complexity before it will be used. This means we learn faster. We share learnings in blame-free formats, so that we do not repeat things that have failed, but still have confidence to innovate
- Seek to understand our users 👂 - We constantly seek understanding from data and conversations to better serve our users' needs, taking an active part in research to hear from them directly and regularly
- Embrace and enable continuous deployment 🤖 - Seamless delivery of changes into an environment - without manual intervention - is essential for us to ensure that we are highly productive; consider resiliency; and practice security by design
- Test outside-in, test first 🚦 - TDD keeps us confident in moving fast, and deploying regularly. We want to solve user problems, and so we test with that mindset - writing scenarios first, then considering our solution; coupling tests to behaviour, rather than implementation
- You build it, you run it ⚙️ - We embrace DevOps culture and end-to-end ownership of products and features. Every engineer, regardless of their role, has the opportunity to lead delivery of features from start to finish
- Be cloud native ☁️ - We leverage automation and hosted services to deliver resilient, secure services quickly and consistently. Where SaaS tools help us achieve more productivity and better quality results for a cheap price, we use these to automate low value tasks
How we expect you to behave ❤️
- We embrace difference and know that when we can be ourselves at work, we are happier, more motivated and creative. We want to be able to bring our whole selves to work, have our own perspectives and know that we belong. As such, through your behaviours at work, we expect you to reflect and actively sustain a healthy engineering environment that looks like this:
- A wide range of voices heard to the benefit of all
- Teams that are clearly happy, engaged, and laugh together
- Perceivable safety to have an opinion or ask a question
- No egos - people listen to and learn from others at all levels, with strong opinions held loosely
What makes working here better 😍
- Flexible, remote-first 🏠 - A flexible, UK remote-first team with a dedicated London office available 5 days a week to use as we want to
- Work-life balance 🌴 - 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) each year, and enhanced family leave allowances
- Competitive salary & equity 🏦 - We want people to have a serious stake in the business
- Good kit 💻 - Your choice of the best laptop, running macOS or Ubuntu
- Team socials 🎉 - The opportunity to get to know each other outside of work
- Company socials 🥡 - A chance to catch up and meet new colleagues weekly over informal office breakfasts and dinners on OakNorth - or at our free barista bar every day
- Commuter support 🚲 - We offer the cycle to work scheme
We’re OakNorth Bank and we embolden entrepreneurs to realise their ambitions, understand their markets, and apply data intelligence to everyday decisions to scale successfully at pace.
Banking should be barrier-free. It’s a belief at our very core, inspired by our entrepreneurial spirit, driven by the unmet financial needs of millions, and delivered by our data-driven tools.
And for those who love helping businesses thrive? Our savings accounts help diversify the high street and create new jobs, all while earning savers some of the highest interest on the market.
But we go beyond finance, to empower our people, encourage professional growth and create an environment where everyone can thrive. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves and succeed.
OakNorth Bank was built on the foundations of frustrations with old-school banking. In 2005, when our founders tried to get capital for their data analytics company, the computer said ‘no’. Unfortunately, all major banks in the UK were using the same computer – and it was broken.
Why was it so difficult for a profitable business with impressive cashflow, retained clients, and clear commercial success to get a loan?
The industry was backward-looking and too focused on historic financials, rather than future potential.
So, what if there was a bank, founded by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs? One that offered a dramatically better borrowing experience for businesses?
No more what ifs, OakNorth Bank exists.