DeepL is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne or Paderborn: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
DeepL is seeking a creative, analytical, collaborative CRM Manager to join our fast-growing team. As CRM Manager, you will define CRM strategies and end-to-end campaigns in support of product, marketing, and sales initiatives primarily, align internal partners, and advocate for execution in service of bringing DeepL's products to hundreds of thousands of customers around the world. You will also execute CRM campaigns including ad-doc blast campaigns, journeys, email strategy, and best practices.
- Own the CRM strategy and plans across the customer lifecycle to drive marketing and retention campaigns, understanding at an extensive level how to segment data
- Help define and execute the prospect and customer email and CRM communication strategy and roadmap to achieve ambitious acquisition, engagement, and retention goals using our marketing automation tool (HubSpot)
- Establish a close working relationship with key stakeholders within the business, in particular the sales and customer success teams, driving MQLs and SQLs for both new business, and cross and upsell to existing clients
- Manage and optimize customer lifecycle - including prospecting, nurturing, conversion, and upsell strategy
- Execute thoughtful experimentation to unlock high-impact campaigns, and leverage automation to improve engagement and retention throughout the customer lifecycle
- Take a regional based approach to campaigns and marketing activity to assist with a range of business activities, including submissions from our global audience, understanding how markets and customer needs differ across countries and tailor as appropriate
- Analyze campaign results, make recommendations, and implement changes based on key findings
What we offer
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust with efficient decision-making processes
- The opportunity to shape a product experience for on an unlimited market with a diverse customer base (international customers, from start-ups to large corporations)
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Regular team events
- 4+ years of CRM experience including email, push notification, and other CRM channels
- Experienced in strategic CRM Management and campaign implementation including growing email lists and segmentation. You will also understand the role CRM plays in driving revenue, increasing retention and customer lifetime value
- Extensive experience building and executing complex CRM campaigns with multiple partners
- Solid understanding of email, email best practices, industry standards, and global compliance regulations
- Comfortable setting up and executing campaign experiments (A/B, multivariate) to track business impact, analyzing the data, and extracting key insights
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker that can synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives to build an impactful plan
- Very comfortable working cross-functionally and cross-culturally, a self-starter, and a quick learner
Outcomes of this role
- Establish and execute the CRM strategy
- Help improve conversion, engagement, upsell, and retention metrics
- Deliver on healthy/low customer acquisition cost across all territories
We are looking forward to your application!