Job title: CRM Manager
Place of work: Stamford Bridge
Reporting to: Marketing Lead – Media & CRM
Job function: Develop and oversee CRM strategic roadmap, including audience strategy and management across email, push, paid social, web & app personalisation.
Deepen engagement with our contactable global fanbase through the development, execution and measurement of an audience segmentation framework. Maintain a best in class push marketing platform and ESP configuration.
- Owner of CRM strategy, roadmap and fan retention KPIs
- Build and maintain an audience segmentation framework to service commercial & marketing campaign requirements.
- Increase marketable database through identification and improvement of digital user journeys
- Develop a uniform view of our fans across multiple channels & drive for enriched profile information in a Single Customer View. Work with Digital Platforms team to identify & consume new data points
- Continually test and learn, deepening audience segmentation and targeting
- Develop a reporting framework. Measure, report and evaluate success and present back to senior leaders
- Manage and maintain email contact rules, workflows and control groups
- Work with Fan Engagement team to develop CRM strategy in key territories
- Provide audience segments & insight to inform paid campaign activity
- Work closely with Data Operations teams to ensure best practice carried out around data management processes, management of data agency resource, cost and prioritisation
- Growth in marketable database
- Growth in app usage (MAU/RMAU), web site repeat visits and content consumption
- Increase in push contribution to app sessions and % open rates of push notifications through audience optimisation and testing
- Increase in retention rate
- Positive shift on email KPIs. Open rate, CTR, and conversion and ability to articulate and clearly demonstrate how this performance has been achieved
- Growth in sessions driven from push & email to owned properties
- Strategic, data centric marketer with highly advanced technical and operational experience in push notification marketing, and email marketing
- Highly Data driven and analytical – ability to both develop and understand complex data sets and derive accurate decision making based on data insight. Ability to analyse performance data and make logical decisions that improve performance
- Experience with ESP configuration
- Highly advanced in understanding of complex audience segmentation, workflow setup, delivery management of push and email marketing campaigns
- Experience of developing target audience strategies to ensure high relevance and effectiveness of push campaigns
- Experience of writing complex data queries in AC or a similar campaigns platform
- Knowledge of customer targeting and segmentation and audience profiling methods
- A good understanding of the principles of Data and Marketing Data systems, Data Management platforms and databases
- Highly advanced knowledge of marketing technology – understanding of complex data infrastructures, and experience of working across digital product development
- Advanced knowledge of audience segmentation, understanding behavioural data and being able to analyse performance at audience level
- Knowledge of personalisation strategies and techniques, particularly within push and email marketing
- Knowledge of analytical tools and platforms and ability to self serve and manipulate relevant data points
- Ability to develop, review and analyse reports and ability to present data and insight in easy to read formats
- Results focused and strategic – performance driven mindset – using data to test, iterate and evolve strategy to enhance results
- Detailed experience and knowledge of working with apps and app SDKs
- Experience on working with agencies – digital product and data agencies desirable
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.