The Brompton bike was first designed by Andrew Ritchie in 1975 opposite the Brompton Oratory in South Kensington, hence the name. Since then, production has remained in London, and we’re now producing over 90,000 bikes a year, and recently just hit a huge milestone and sold our 1 millionth bike!
Brompton is the largest independent British bicycle manufacturer with a team of over 800 talented people, and we’re constantly growing. We specialise in designing and manufacturing high-quality folding bicycles for the urban market, and pride ourselves on building a genuinely sustainable and accountable business.
We are on a mission to transform urban living, and because of this are looking for talented and passionate people who want to make a difference.
We are looking for a proactive CRM Manager with both the creativity to deliver engaging email marketing to Brompton subscribers, and a keen eye for detail to analyse campaigns and spot improvement opportunities. Reporting to the Senior CRM, Loyalty & Community Manager, this role has been specifically crafted to reflect our increased focus on automation and creating relevant customer journeys, contributing towards an overall exceptional customer experience in line with our premium brand.
This is an exciting time to join the Marketing team as we continue to drive global demand with brand development and customer experience at the forefront of our plans. We are placing strategic focus on how consumers interact with the Brompton brand through the buying, hiring, subscribing and ownership journey, with the aim of providing a seamless experience, regardless of touchpoint or retail channel.
The CRM Manager will help develop and deliver the customer engagement strategy via email marketing, leveraging CRM insights, marketing technologies and best practice expertise.
- Email Marketing & Customer Lifecycle Management
- Develop and implement a customer lifecycle marketing plan, delivering increasingly automated and personalised communication journeys to owners and prospects in all key markets, ensuring emails are relevant, targeted and engaging.
- Collaborate with the Regional Marketing teams to develop and implement multi-lingual, localised customer journeys and automations.
- Using drag-and-drop templates, design, build and deploy customer journeys, primarily using email, contributing towards the overall global marketing and ecommerce objectives.
- Monitor, analyse and then optimize the performance of automations and journeys to improve customer experience and increase click-thru traffic to the Brompton website.
- Manage the CRM Executive.
Acquisition & Database Development
- Support the growth and enrichment of our consumer database of:
- Owners: Increase bike registration rate with a combination of strategic and tactical initiatives
- Prospects: Drive data capture across customer touchpoints globally
- Ensure GDPR, and other relevant local equivalent, compliance for our consumer database via data capture, storage, enrichment and segmentation.
Reporting & Insight
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports, monitoring the performance of CRM activity, identifying trends and providing insight on customer behaviour to drive continuous improvement and effectiveness.
- Work alongside the Performance Marketing team and Ecommerce/Retail Trading teams to proactively refine our CRM strategy as part of a wider trading plan to drive sales performance.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the range of products best suited to customer segments, to deliver a tailored customer experience.
We are looking for someone who has knowledge and experience in personalised email marketing and CRM, ideally within a global, omnichannel environment. The successful candidate will have experience in managing databases, creating automations and customer journeys, and analysing email performance. You will have an analytical approach, a spark of creativity, enjoy problem solving and have a desire to disrupt the status quo. You thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environments and are motivated by delivering tangible results.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Results-oriented - you thrive in fast-paced, interrupt driven environments
- Self-starter who takes initiative and employs a problem-solving approach
- Creative flair to design and build relevant, engaging, and informative email communications
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and an ability to identify trends and insights from datasets
- Strong understanding of the current Data Protection and Privacy legislation
- Proactive and organised with the ability to drive projects as part of a team
- Curious and challenging, you enjoy testing and analysing campaigns
- 3+ years experience in a similar role in a commercial environment
- Highly capable in email marketing techniques, best practice and reporting, including A/B and MV testing
- Technical experience using a major CRM system – we use Bloomreach Engage (Exponea).
- Experience with data management and list building / segmentation
- Worked in a multicultural, multinational business and achieved results by using local insights to tailor approach
You might not tick all the boxes, and that’s okay, we still encourage you to apply. Here at Brompton we are always looking for people that share the same values and attitudes as we do, as we continue to build diverse teams and a sense of community which is made stronger by each new individual who joins.
Benefits at Brompton :
Brompton offers you an excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along, communicate and co-operate well with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment, Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle Ltd; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and the product, despite any differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Flexible working - 9 day fortnight working pattern
- Annual Leave – 25 days annual leave, plus all UK bank holidays.
- Competitive Salary – Plus workplace pension scheme and profit share bonus.
- Brompton Discount - Get ready to bike in style, as all employee’s receive up to 60% off their very own bike and accessories, plus there are discounts for your friends and family too.
- Social activities - Throughout the year enjoy time with your colleagues as we host an annual Summer and Christmas party, annual bike rides (both inside and outside the UK), Birthday breakfast, volunteering activities and family fun days just to name a few.
- Learning and Development - Access to free LinkedIn Learning and opportunity to devote some of your time at work to personal development. We value professional development and actively promote internal promotions and opportunities.
- Benefits - Workplace Pension Scheme, Care and Health Support, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme and other benefits.
- Mental Health – We provide access to a confidential EAP that offers counselling, resources and support for various mental health challenges. There’s also Head Space, Brompton’s approved wellness program for employees.
- Paid Leave – We offer an enhanced Family, Paternity and Maternity leave pay.
Brompton was listed amongst the best UK workplaces in 2020, and was awarded silver investors in People Accreditation and London Living Wage Employer in 2021.
Regardless of age, disability, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, culture, educational background, parental status, neurodiversity or disability - whoever you are, if you’re passionate about your work, curious, relentless and customer-obsessed, we want to hear from you.