About BBC Maestro
BBC Maestro is a venture funded start-up, working in close collaboration with BBC Studios. Our mission is to enable people to discover and hone their passions with inspiration from the most credible talent in the world.
We offer educational and inspirational video courses taught by the world’s most experienced creators, each one a Maestro in their field, including: Mark Ronson, Edgar Wright, Julia Donaldson, Alan Moore, Marco Pierre-White, David Walliams, Gary Barlow, Jed Mercurio, and many more.
Following a successful 24 months, we are now aiming to quickly scale our offering through new celebrity talent, new technology, and new team members.
About The Role
We’re looking for a talented and ambitious CRM Strategy and Automation Manager to take ownership of the development and delivery of our CRM channel optimization and automation .
CRM forms a critical part of our overall marketing strategy; with responsibility for increasing customer acquisition volumes, value, engagement and retention, through effective monitoring and development of CRM techniques.
In collaboration with the marketing team and with direction from our Chief Marketing Officer, in this role you will be responsible for ensuring that lead generation is aligned with the wider marketing strategy. Working with internal stakeholders, key agencies and suppliers as appropriate, you will ensure there is return on investment and enhanced customer experience that aligns with business goals and success metrics.
As CRM Manager you will:
Automate email flows
- Lead the business wide eCRM strategy ensuring email provides a highly effective acquisition and engagement channel
- Champion and monitor best practice techniques for all email communication, including multivariate testing and automation
- Define the trigger comms roadmaps, optimising user flows and trigger comms, to maximise sales conversions and audience engagement
- Create and manage the set-up, build and deployment of flows in CRM platform (Klaviyo)
- Lead key strategic projects (renewal and upsell PPV to SVOD) comms flows
Optimise CRM tool
- Set up new audiences and cohorts into CRM tool
- Lead CRM tool migration project to new CRM platform/ tool as well as enhancement of CRM activity
- Set up new processes to improve CRM efficiency and acitivty (QA process, brief, KPIs report, etc.)
Lead segmentation and targeting
- Define user segments creating specific user flows for key audiences
- Extract and analyse data from our CRM to ensure updated list of potentially targetable user-states
- Regularly test activity with a view to building into sales funnel
- Upskill marketing executive to be able to support the CRM activity and campaign activity by sharing CRM best practices, processes and showing them how do create triggered flow and automate the CRM activity
Marketing skills and knowledge
- CRM experience across strategy, optimisation and implementation
- Impact led approach. You can evidence how your work has resulted in a clear and marked uplift in sales
- Advanced understanding of email marketing strategies and tactics
- Knowledge of data and CRM platforms including Google Analytics. Klaviyo experience would be preferable
- Optimisation of landing pages and user funnels.
- A/B and multivariate experiments testing
- Digital entertainment or media experience would be preferable
- You demonstrate critical thinking across a breadth of marketing challenges, leaning into data analytics and market insights to validate your approach.
- You bring decisiveness to problem solving and evaluate the impact of your decisions.
- You can persuade others of the value of marketing through effective written and verbal communication.
- You have strong storytelling skills that bring ideas to life and have a variety of tools to present data to stakeholders.
- You can collaborate effectively with other disciplines, leaders and teams; having empathy for and listening to the needs of others.
- You are comfortable making trade-offs for the benefit of the collective needs of the team and/or business.
Attitude and preferences
- You enjoy working in an autonomous start-up environment setup. You can manage your workload independently and know when to ask for help.
- You care about company culture and see your own responsibility in creating a positive work environment
- You are adaptable in your approach; validating your decision and adjusting with new insights. You are constantly learning and sharing with others
- You are up to date with latest industry and marketing trends. You enjoy pushing the traditional boundaries of creative excellence to challenge the status quo
Salary for the role around £45,0000 - £55,000 pa
We also have 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and private medical cover.
How We Work
We are a remote first company that supports flexible working and knowledge sharing. We have more team members around both the London and Bristol area and like to use co-work facilities on a semi-regular basis.
We ❤️ Diversity
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We positively encourage applications from underrepresented groups.