At Babbel, we believe that everyone should have the chance to learn a new language. Our products are available worldwide across multiple platforms and support those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Millions of users are benefiting from 9,000+ hours of language content created by Babbel's team of in-house language experts. Our professionally-designed courses are available for 14 languages via web, tablet and mobile apps.
Fast Company Magazine recognized Babbel as the most innovative education company of 2016. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning. More than 700 team members from 50 countries share in Babbel's mission to enable everyone to learn a new language. Babbel is headquartered in Berlin and has seen impressive growth in the US in the past few years. Check out this recent Techcrunch article about Babbel to learn more!
We are hiring a CRM Manager to join our NYC office.
About the role:
The CRM Manager will report to the Director of CRM, US and will work closely with the team in developing, executing, and maintaining our entire lifecycle strategy with a focus on lead nurture and conversion. Leveraging email, SMS, push, and in-app messaging to communicate with users, your efforts will directly impact the way in which millions of learners learn new languages.
To succeed in this role, you will need a keen eye on data and a need to segment and test. You know best practices but would prefer to push the limits of what's possible. We're a collaborative bunch and you're looking forward to working on a tight-knit team.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the broader CRM team to develop and execute a high-volume lifecycle CRM marketing strategy
- Take ownership of iterating and optimizing existing revenue-driving campaigns
- Manage end-to-end creation and deployment of highly targeted and personalized campaigns across multiple channels
- Help identify and execute new programs that will accelerate Babbel's growth
- Plan and maintain the email calendar with stakeholders while ensuring timely delivery of flawless campaigns
- Identify and build strategies to leverage new technologies, platforms, and channels to reach and engage our audiences.
- Lead analysis and report on results of marketing efforts
- Collaborate with creative, product, and international teams to maintain a consistent, on-brand voice and messaging
- Minimum 3 years of CRM experience with a high-volume retail- or subscription-based business. Experience in B2C subscription-based tech company is a major plus.
- Hands-on experience building out email, in-app and push marketing campaigns
- Comfortable working within marketing automation platforms and ESPs such as SalesForce, Emarsys, Braze, Emarsys, Customer.io, etc
- Experience with BI platforms such as Looker, Tableau, Google Analytics, Amplitude
- Strong understanding of best practices and global compliance regulations (CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR, etc.)
- Working knowledge of email HTML and CSS
- Data-driven with the ability to dig into large sets of data to interpret findings, analyze trends, recognize anomalies and make recommendations
- In-depth understanding of a/b and multivariate testing methodologies
- A keen creative sensibility with exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Pays attention to all the details!
- Multilingualism is a plus; strong interest in language is a requirement
Babbel is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.