At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league’s on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world’s most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA’s success.
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster when eligible. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
This position is part of a growing Growth Marketing team with the mission to discover, inspire and engage fans around the world. The Senior Director of Direct to Consumer (DTC) Lifecycle will be responsible for working on lifecycle communications globally for NBA League Pass and other Direct to Consumer (DTC) initiatives. Successful candidates will be able to develop and execute comprehensive growth strategies to drive subscription revenue across email, push, SMS, in-app messages, and other key CRM channels.
You are someone who is extremely comfortable with data and analytics and uses that data to make decisions. You should have experience with testing to optimize existing flows and build new flows across all CRM channels. You will partner with internal teams to prioritize opportunities and execute sends. Success in this role requires partnering with and influencing cross-functional teams including product, data, and international.
- Develop an overall CRM strategy and vision for DTC, communicate that strategy cross-functionally and upward to key leaders, then execute the strategy with your in-house CRM team
- Drive continued optimization and evolution of our CRM channel communications, including lifecycle trigger programs, transactional messaging and campaigns
- Maintain the health of all CRM channels and continue to expand reach of channels
- You are highly data-driven and understand how to optimize marketing programs to deliver upon overall company goals and metrics
- Optimize the growth lifecycle journey for various user segments, identify points of friction, and develop solutions to increase conversion and revenue
- Effectively analyze results of initiatives then use those findings to influence future strategies and report performance to leaders
- Leverage multivariate testing methodology to quickly test, iterate, and push forward the most impactful efforts
- 10+ years of consumer growth marketing experience with high growth B2C companies
- Experience building CRM channels and technology, including familiarity with the full tech stack and functionality
- Experience building one-off and triggered lifecycle campaigns to drive customer actions
- Passionate leader who has held leadership roles, built teams and developed high-performing individuals
- Strong collaborator who can work effectively within a matrixed organization to influence and drive results
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver high-quality written and verbal content
- Experience leading cross-functional integrated campaigns from building concepts, messaging, channel and communication plans, and evaluating and reporting results
- Strong tactical experience across all marketing channels including paid, social, in-app, email, etc.
- Data driven analytical thinker who is comfortable diving into data and pulling insights
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced setting without ready-made processes
- BA/BS required, MBA is a plus
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.