The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster when eligible. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
At the WNBA, we're passionate about growing the business of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.As a global sports and media business, the WNBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments are also critical to managing relationships with television and digital media partners, developing marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, and running the business operations and transformation for the League's leadership.
- Leverage CRM for full-funnel activations, bringing in new fans, cultivating fan engagement across products, and then re-engaging and reducing churn
- Build comprehensive lifecycle marketing programs to drive WNBA's business objectives (viewership, app downloads, League Pass subscriptions, merchandising, and ticketing sales), across email, push, in-app messages, and other key CRM channels
- Ensure triggers are established and employed to establish what behavior should trigger what user journey Know our data sources and architecture, and understand how they impact customer segmentation and marketing enablement, in order to develop audience/segmentation strategies and tactics
- Collaborate with channel team to prioritize opportunities and execute sends
- Design and implement A/B and multivariate tests that yield continuous improvements to our fan strategies and lift conversion rates
- Partner with analytics to gain learnings and define areas of improvement and growth
- Collaborate with fan acquisition to expand reach of channels
- Develop expertise in cross-channel messaging and evolve programs to include new channels Identify new, innovative CRM platforms to enhance personalization and optimization
- Work with counterparts across organization to discuss best practices, and work together to support each leagues' key initiatives
- Build international CRM strategy, by focusing on creation of a translation/localization process with the regions
- 5+ years of experiences in CRM and/or lifecycle marketing
- Deep expertise in all aspects of CRM and Lifecycle Marketing; including channels, data management, reporting, tools/platforms/technologies, etc.
- Strong tactical experience across all marketing channels including email, push notifications, in-app messages, etc.
- Excellent understanding of channel execution concepts and metrics; deliverability; best practices
- Demonstrated experience in building testing programs
- Experience working with Email Service Providers (preferably Braze), as well as related technology providers (e.g., Movable Ink; Wunderkind) Intermediate understanding of HTML and CSS
- Strong understanding of email compliance and privacy legislation practices (specifically: CAN-SPAM; GDPR; CASL; Apple MPP)
- Strong understanding of how to leverage APIs to create automations and personalize campaigns at scale
- Data driven analytical thinker who is comfortable diving into data and pulling insights
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced setting without ready-made processes
- Willingness to take on operations/execution, in addition to strategy
- Strong knowledge of WNBA
- Bachelor's degree required
The NBA does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other third parties. Any unsolicited resume sent to the NBA will be considered NBA property, and the NBA will not pay a fee should it hire the subject of any unsolicited resume.
The NBA considers applicants for all positions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs, and without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About The WNBA
The WNBA is a bold, progressive basketball league that stands for the power of women. Featuring 12 teams, the W is a unique sports property that combines competition and entertainment with a commitment to diversity and inclusion and social responsibility. Through its world-class athletes, the in-game fan experience, TV and digital broadcasts, digital and social content and community outreach programs, the league celebrates and elevates the game of basketball and the culture around it.