Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care. We’re starting by radically improving the $90 billion pet food industry, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed mystery pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered over 200 million meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We’re looking for someone to influence how The Farmer’s Dog communicates with its leads, customers, former customers, and evangelists. You’ll play a meaningful role in driving the Customer Relationship Management/Lifecycle function as well as implementing Lifecycle strategies that support The Farmer’s Dog’s most significant objectives (think changing the way people think about pet food, launching new product lines, delivering joy to our customers’ inboxes, and so much more!). We’ve already built a Martech stack that can support your bold and innovative ideas in the realms of segmentation, personalization, multi-channel communication, experimentation, etc., and now we want you to take the wheel.
In the role, you’ll partner closely with teams across the business (Acquisition, Brand, CX, Operations, Data Strategy & Insights, Retention, Engineering, etc.) to build an outstanding customer lifecycle. You’ll work on everything from gaining a deep, multifaceted understanding of how to overcome barriers to purchase via high-impact, sophisticated experimentation to strategizing how and when we communicate new products to our most dedicated customers. You’ll also work cross-functionally to ensure that our customers’ experience doesn’t stop at meal time, but that their email, SMS, direct mail, and inbox experiences are as enjoyable as the products they receive in their boxes.
You’ll have real ownership over improving our customers’ lives (and the lives of their four-legged companions!) while making a foundational impact on our growth efforts.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Help drive the lifecycle strategy -- implementing high-impact initiatives across the customer lifecycle that accelerate active customer growth and revenue generation.
- Partner with teams across the business to deeply understand our customers and use those insights to launch relevant longitudinal experiments that improve dogs’ lives.
- Work closely with our data engineering teams to constantly evolve and improve how, when, and what we’re able to communicate to our customers.
- Run the campaign deployment process to ensure impactful campaigns launch smoothly (and mistake free!).
- Partner closely with our Customer Experience (CX) team to bring to bear lifecycle automation to improve customer and agent experience.
- Drive the email deployment calendar while working cross-functionally with Brand, CX, Tech, etc.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have at least 5 years of experience in CRM/Lifecycle campaign management at a consumer company.
- You demonstrate a history of using direct communication channels to drive business results and improve the customer experience.
- You love the idea of being given the keys to an incredibly robust segmentation/personalization engine is incredibly exciting -- you probably already have ideas about what you’d like to implement.
- You're an expert in email & SMS automation. Bonus points for experience with CDPs like Simon Data, Iterable, Optimove, etc.
- You have a solid understanding of HTML, Java-based templating languages (Jinja, Django, ESP-specific, etc.).
- You have working understanding of relational databases and SQL a plus.
- You have strong analytical skills and a consistent track record of working with data to drive email campaign conceptualization and business results
We support our team members with the flexibility to thrive, professionally and personally. All hybrid team members are asked to be in the office for 2 Gathering Days a week to continue to build a collaborative, lively, and invested environment - a unique in-person culture we are proud of. Gathering Days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, however the office will be open and available for all Monday through Friday.
NYC and Florida:
Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (in accordance with the CDC definition of vaccination) and provide proof thereof in order to work on-site at the New York City and/or Florida offices, unless the employee has an approved exemption (per state/local law) in place prior to the employee's start date.
TFD requests that employees provide proof of vaccination on a voluntary basis prior to working on-site at the Nashville office, in line with local legislation.
The above RTO guidelines and vaccination policy is based on current local COVID-19 guidelines and is subject to change. We strongly encourage employees to take every necessary precaution to prioritize the safety of yourself and of those around you.
A Few Of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug