At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
Position Summary: This position is part of an expanding Growth Marketing team with the mission to discover, inspire and engage fans around the world. The CRM Lifecycle Manager will be responsible for working on email, in-app, and push communication programs globally for NBA League Pass, NBA TV, and other Direct to Consumer (DTC) initiatives. Successful candidates will have proven experience developing and optimizing multi-channel CRM programs that drive acquisition, foster engagement, and minimize churn. You are a strategic thinker, with the ability to clearly articulate vision and implement plans. You should be comfortable multitasking to ensure deadlines are met, and you're a naturally curious person who is quick to learn, flexible, and receptive to feedback The ideal candidate will be highly data-driven and able to manage both strategic plans and hands on execution.
- Create and execute lifecycle/marketing automation campaigns that drive key actions across the customer lifecycle, with a focus on email, push, and in-app
- Design, manage, and analyze A/B tests to continually improve conversion, retention and other key performance indicators
- Capture and interpret key intent signals from various channels to support customer insights and develop new initiatives
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to ensure that key initiatives and features are reflected in communications
- Collaborate with internal analytics teams to streamline reporting and campaign operations
- Be part of an innovative team and channel that is passionate about creating exceptional customer experiences
- 3-4+ years experience developing lifecycle/CRM programs; subscription-based experience a plus
- Experience in marketing automation strategy with real-life examples of successful subscriber, revenue and engagement growth at scale
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation, behavior and consumer insights
- Highly data driven and analytical with a test-and-learn mindset and the ability to turn learnings into actions to improve performance
- Hands-on experience with an enterprise level ESP and project management tools; Braze a plus
- Familiarity with email HTML, CSS and other common coding/scripting languages
- Operates independently and efficiently to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and successfully, without sacrificing attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking with creative solutions to overcome challenges and meet business requirements
- Strong collaborator who can work effectively within a matrixed organization to influence and drive results
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into simple and intuitive communications
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred