Symbiome is seeking a data-driven, creative-sensitive Email Marketing Manager. We are looking for a highly driven individual to join our early team and grow into an expanding role within the company.
Note: We are looking for candidates who are based in the SF/Bay Area, and will be comfortable working in our SF office once COVID regulations are lifted.
You’re a great fit if:
- You are a strong oral and written communicator with a track record of translating complex stories into high-converting call-to-actions and campaigns
- You have experience creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting complex automated workflows that trigger off user fields, APIs, and events
- Have experience working with a content manager to partner own email campaign calendars including promotional, seasonal, and growth campaigns to meet quarterly acquisition and revenue goals
- Have an eye for great design and possess experience working with creatives (design and copy) to produce on-brand and high-converting deliverables informed by data
- A/B is your middle name. You are always testing your content: subject lines, copy placement, graphic treatment, tone, timing, segments, everything!
- Have an authentic passion for and interest in luxury consumer products, especially beauty and skincare
- Are a CRM/ESP wiz. Experience with Iterable highly preferred
- You have at least 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably for a DTC beauty or fashion e-commerce business and/or startup
- You are located in the San Francisco / Bay Area
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage highly visible demand generation focused email programs from ideation to execution - from gathering of requirements, design and development, to testing, launch, reporting and maintenance.
- Execute and improve email strategy for new customer acquisition as well as retention / lifecycle programs for existing customers
- Collaborate with creative team on design, copy and email messaging
- Own the content calendar and email workflows, pushing out several campaigns on a weekly cadence and reporting on findings weekly
- Pull weekly campaign marketing reports and regularly analyze performance on KPIs including: delivery, open-rates, click-rates, conversion-rates. Use quantitative data to deduce and communicate qualitative insight and optimization opportunities to different departments
- Use our existing data infrastructure to conduct analysis and identify ways to improve existing programs and new opportunities
- Develop test plans and apply data driven techniques to optimize sales with existing customers including: personalization, frequency testing, messaging testing, offer testing, creative testing, segmentation / targeting and delivery timing testing
- Be the in-house ESP and CRM guru
- Identify target audiences and data needed to build these audiences for respective campaigns, employing a consistent best-practice approach for creating email templates, dynamic content, testing methodologies, list segmentation, deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws
- Offer new, creative and engaging ways to drive consumer loyalty and re-purchasing behavior, always keeping a pulse on LTV
- Spearhead list growth strategy employing a number of best practices in partnerships, paid ad campaigns, organic traffic, etc.
- Keep up to date on industry trends, technology, and best practices to continuously evolve the experience for our consumers
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Ability to take a key role in an early-stage growing startup
- Competitive salary with 401(k) match
- Unlimited PTO, employee stock options, and commuter benefits
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Opportunity for career development and growth
- Free daily lunches + office happy hours
- Fully stocked fridge with snacks + beverages
- Free products!
Symbiome is a science-based, data-driven skincare company dedicated to finding the health we have lost — starting with our skin. By studying what human health looked like thousands of years ago and our symbiotic relationship with nature, we are committed to creating plant-derived products that are clean, safe, and sustainable — modern skincare as nature intended.
Symbiome is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symbiome does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
*COVID-related notice: As an essential biotech company, we are looking for candidates that are comfortable coming into the office a few times per week. At Symbiome, nothing is more important than ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees. We provide all employees with a free annual One Medical membership for easy access to COVID testing.