PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Global Customer Engagement team is part of the broader Digital team within the PlayStation central marketing department and is responsible for executing multi-channel digital programmes and campaigns developing a relevant dialogue with tens of millions of customers across the globe.
The Customer Engagement team's primary focus is to nurture long-term relationships with PlayStation gamers through communications across our primary owned channels (Email, Mobile Push, and on-console notifications).
Within PlayStation, we are champions of customer centric and data driven marketing and have established continuous test & learn processes to help us provide the business with insights about our customers and their behaviour. We are creative, innovative and technical. We are sophisticated users of Salesforce Marketing Cloud amongst other tools and platforms, and we seek to deliver the most sophisticated marketing programmes in the entertainment industry.
The CRM Lead is a highly visible and strategic role, responsible for working across the PlayStation subscription services and e-commerce platform to deliver player engagement, minimise churn and drive revenue.
This creative and innovative leader will be heavily involved in crafting the customer journey of our super engaged subscription members and work closely with our Creative Studio, Data Science, Audience & Measurement and Marketing teams across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Together, we are on a mission to redefine owned channel marketing and its relationship to company growth and player engagement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Innovate and evolve existing multi-channel campaign and audience strategy for the global subscription business, spanning email, mobile and other direct messaging channels.
- Collaborate and be a key player in driving ‘Audience First’ strategy by implementing 1:1 personalisation at scale across the channel mix.
- Analyse campaigns and journeys to understand the performance of these activities and build on the results for the next iteration.
- Initiate test and learn strategy to optimise the BAU comms efficiency; feeding all insights gained from the analysis back into a continuous process of testing and refinement.
- Maintain deep knowledge of customer engagement landscape and evolutions, seek and understand emerging trends, technologies and innovation to provide ongoing learning for the marketing organisation.
What we’re looking for:
- Educated to degree level in a related field such as Business, Marketing or Mathematics and a strong academic record.
- 5+ years of proven experience in an influential role in B2C marketing, customer lifecycle management, engagement marketing.
- Highly organised - able to handle a full workload and progress multiple ambitious projects simultaneously thanks to your skill and work ethic.
- Passionate about the customer– you look at quantitative and qualitative consumer insights to make decisions and recommend improvements.
- Experience in leading successful CRM programmes for subscription type businesses.
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence and persuade upwards and outwards – comfortable briefing Creatives, Analysts, Engineers, Legal and Senior Management.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a consistent track record in data-based decision making, and comfortable analysing large data sets and analysis framework.
- Innovative and constantly exploring new ways of doing things and challenging the status quo.
- Sophisticated communicator with excellent influencing skills.
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Journey Builder, and Interactive Studio or equivalent ESP.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the expertise and integrity that will earn respect and trust with internal team members and external vendors.
- Experienced in establishing relationships and operating compassionately across cultures. This includes collaborating openly and bringing together different perspectives to drive well informed decisions.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.