We’re looking for a CRM Lead to join our Growth team to own our key re-engagement channels.
Thread is an ambitious, well-funded fashion technology startup based in London that's looking to reinvent retail.
We’ve set out to rethink the shopping experience from the ground up, helping people feel happier and more self-confident in the process. Using a combination of expert stylists and machine learning algorithms, we bring people a small, highly personalised selection of the perfect clothes just for them – in their size, budget and taste. By doing so we simplify the shopping process, help people to feel more comfortable in their own skin, and allow them to go out into the world with a spring in their step. It also removes the need to spend Saturday afternoons frustrated by busy high street stores, or spend ages browsing the overwhelming number of options available online. We believe having an intelligent assistant in your pocket is how the majority of people will shop in the future, and we’re looking for a talented email and notifications specialist to help us reach and retain millions of customers worldwide.
We’re focusing on building a global product that becomes the “clothes” button on peoples’ phones, similar to how Spotify, Netflix, or Uber are for music, TV, and taxis. To succeed, the Growth team is building a growth engine that will scale our product to millions of people worldwide. This doesn’t mean just chasing vanity metrics or wasting time on quick hacks. Instead, we aim to optimise our acquisition channels, product UX, and retention drivers as part of a single system.
As Thread’s owner of email and notifications, your role will be to expand and optimise our customer lifecycle programme as part of this broader system. Email and notifications are already hugely important to business – 50-60% of our revenue currently comes from these channels – and they form a critical part of our strategy for driving ongoing retention. We think there’s a massive opportunity to leverage our extensive dataset and data science expertise in order to create highly personalised, useful, and engaging notifications for our users. You’ll be the person making this happen.
We're looking for someone with 3+ years experience in CRM who can hit the ground running. You'll be able to identify the biggest opportunities for growth, work directly with engineering to iterate our ESP data integration, and work autonomously to test, iterate, and automate our campaigns.
We’re currently working remotely as a team. We’re planning to gradually return to the office from September onwards, but have a policy that no one has to return to the office this year if they don’t feel comfortable in doing so. The safety and wellbeing of our team is our number one priority. Long-term, we see this role being based in our Aldgate office, which has lots of natural light, plants, a relaxed Studio area for coworking with music, and an outdoor terrace for barbecues and working outside when it’s sunny.
Your Role Will Include
- Own the strategy and roadmap for the email and notifications experience for Thread users, encompassing ESP integration, triggered/lifecycle campaigns, and bulk newsletters
- Accountability for the performance of email and notifications
- Innovate and push the boundaries of how we speak to customers. For example, experimenting with new channels like WhatsApp or exploring machine learning-led approaches to optimising emails
- Experiment with and optimise the content, targeting, and send times of our messaging
- Test and develop our audience strategy, with custom optimised messaging flows for different segments of our audiences
- Be the company-wide expert on email deliverability and inbox placement, and ensure we’re always landing in our customer’s inbox
- Ensure there is extreme clarity across the business on the CRM strategy, roadmap, and performance
- Do user research and data analysis to drive qualitative and quantitative insights
This role may be a fit for you if...
- You have 3+ years of prior experience working in CRM. You have some experience working within B2C companies. You have a deep understanding of the domain and are up-to-date with the current best thinking
- You have great growth instincts. You’ve got a flair for bringing together a deep appreciation of users’ goals, preferences, and habits with an expert understanding of channel and product opportunities to drive significant, sustainable growth over the long term
- You have strong analytical skills. You’re comfortable talking cohorts, segments, and funnels. You can run a lot of analyses yourself, you have intermediate SQL skills, and collaborate effectively with analysts on more challenging analytical problems
- You value making hard prioritisation decisions and keeping focus on the most impactful opportunities
- You’re empathetic, able to balance multiple points of view, and have effortless conversations with all functions across the company
- You love taking ownership of hard problems and are motivated by driving outcomes
- You have an appreciation for good design. You don’t need to be a designer, but you should share our aesthetic and know great design when you see it
- Opportunity to become recognised as one of the leaders in your field through playing a key role in the future growth of a high-profile startup
- Learn from some of the best people in the industry by working directly with our exceptional team: Kieran O’Neill (CEO) has built two products that scaled to millions of users; Ed Snelson (Head of Data Science) worked on some of the hardest machine learning challenges at Bing; Tom May (Head of Product & Growth) led growth at Songkick; Alexandra Allcott (Head of Brand) helped built some of the world’s biggest brands at Wieden+Kennedy; Terry Betts (Head of Business Development) ran the £500m menswear business at Selfridges and co-founded Mr. Porter; etc.
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about what we’re trying to do in our culture deck.
- We’re building an informal, non-hierarchical, non-political, sociable work environment with lots of autonomy and independence
- Gain first-hand experience of how to start, grow, market and raise funding for startups (perhaps useful for your own company one day)
- Even when we’re not fully remote, we offer working-from-home opportunities and flexible working hours, to help you develop a healthy work-life balance
- Regular company socials. In the past this has included fun things like comedy shows, axe throwing, quizzes, bowling, and weekly yoga classes. We’ve recently had a zoom magic show!
- Choose your own work equipment. It’s important to us that you’re set up for success in your role and comfortable in your setting
- Unlimited vacation time so you can recharge and relax
- Equal parental leave. We offer 4 months fully paid leave for both mothers and fathers following the birth or adoption of their child
- A competitive salary and a generous equity stake in the company (you’re working hard to make the company successful, so we believe you should share generously in the reward!)
London E1 8DE